SONS & LOVERS COTTAGE
28 Garden Road,
Low season £170 - £210 pw.
High season £230 - £280 pw.
Short breaks available.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01773 712132
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThis is where the world famous author D.H.Lawrence lived from 1887 to 1891 when he was two years old. It is also the setting of the Morrel's house in Sons and Lovers. The downstairs is a private museum having been lovingly restored to its original Victorian fixtures and fittings including the black leaded fireplace. When you enter the house you really do walk back in time to over a century ago.
31 Jan, 7 Feb, 14 Feb, 21 Feb, 28 Feb
By staying here you are helping to protect the house for posterity. People from all over the world visit the house. Relatives of both D.H.Lawrence and Freida Von Richtofen, cousin of the 'Red Baron', have been here. A number of notable writers, artists and playwrights have lived here. The house has been a location for two major films, televised drama and documentaries.
- It is one mile from the Derbyshire border and three miles from junction 26 of the M1 motorway.
- Excellent bus and train services.
- It is 9 miles to both Nottingham and Derby.
- Nottingham East Midlands Airport - 18 miles away.
- Close to new Nottingham Tram at Phoenix Park.
The upstairs has been converted into a very comfortable flat with:
Come to one of the best tourist areas in the country. This is Robin Hood Country - The visitor centre at Edwinstowe in Sherwood Forest is great for grown ups and children alike with the Major Oak, Robin's favourite hideout. Live the legend with family events throughout the year. See also the Tales of Robin Hood in Nottingham. Derbyshire Peak District National Park is also on the doorstep. Arguably the best country house in Britain - Chatsworth House, is nearby. Had JFK's sister Kathleen and her husband the Marquis of Hartington lived she would have been the Duchess of Devonshire.
- Lounge with TV / video and electric fire.
- Modern kitchen with fridge / freezer, microwave, cooker, table and chairs and TV.
- Bathroom with full size bath and electric shower, imersion heater and wall heater.
- Two bedrooms on the top floor.
- It can sleep 5 people and is an excellent base to visit Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
- Bedding and towels are provided.Electricity is paid for locally.
- Night storage heating.