Pets by arrangement.
Low season £275 pw.
Mid season £375 pw.
High season £400 (includes Xmas and NYear).
For further details please contact:
Mobile: 07949 106244
Reload this mapSmugglers Cottage is a very pretty stone-built cottage in the grounds of a listed half-timbered farmhouse which was built in 1750. The properties are set in four acres (Questeds Farm is a stud farm where the owner breeds miniature horses) but Smugglers Cottage has its own private garden with outdoor dining facilities.
- The village of Aldington has two pubs, both serving high quality food, and a well-stocked post office (half a mile away) which has a good delicatessen. There is also an excellent pub, The Farriers, in the nearby village of Mersham, which serves outstanding food. A major supermarket is five miles away.
- The cottage is on a very quiet rural road and is decorated to high specification, with a large inglenook fireplace, antiques and tapestries, and quarry tiled floors throughout.
- The spacious one-storey property is ideal for a couple looking for a romantic hideaway, three adults, or a family with one child/teenager.
- All the accommodation is at ground level and there is ample wheelchair
- Living room: 30ft by 18ft, with inglenook, living flame fire, ample seating for six to eight people, 32in plasma TV with DVD and video. The dining area has an antique marquetry table and four chairs.
- Kitchen: with cooker, microwave, dishwasher, toaster and large fridge freezer.
- Utility room: with new washing machine.
- Bathroom: with bath and over-bath shower.
- Separate WC.
- Bedroom one: with antique oak four-poster bed and wardrobe.
- Bedroom two: with single bed and dressing table.
- Outside: Private garden, with table, four chairs and parasol.
- Garage for guests' car and ample extra parking.
- Stables and paddocks are well away from the cottage but guests are free to wander the paddocks.
- Free Welcome Pack for all guests.
Weekly lets begin Saturday.
- All linen, towels, oil fired central heating.
- Childs cot, cot linen and blankets, and high chair available.
Short breaks and other start days allowed by arrangement.
- Ashford has a mainline station (London 70 minutes) and an International Station which offers swift links to Lille and Paris.
- Nearby are Tenterden (13 miles), Canterbury (18 miles), Dover (19 miles) and the Channel Tunnel (8 miles).
- Sites of interest within easy reach are Sissinghurst Gardens, Leeds Castle, the pretty seaside resort of Hythe, the ancient cinque port of Rye and the picturesque medieval village of Chilham.