RAASAY & RONA
Sleeps 4 +cot.
Well behaved pets welcome.
WiFi available (small supplement).
Tourist Board: 4 Star.
Prices £225 - £525 pw.
For further details please contact:
Frank and Dianne Buckley
An Caorann, Melvaig, Gairloch, Ross-shire IV21 2EA
Tel or Fax: 01445 771225
Reload this mapDesignated National Scenic Area
One of the prime areas in the UK for whales and other marine mammals and a superb location for the Northern Lights.
Detached Bungalows. Stunning location at Melvaig near Gairloch. Uninterrupted views over the sea. 80 yards from the shore. Private beach access. Whale watching. Northern Lights. Fantastic walks. Panoramic views of Skye, Harris and Lewis. Explore the rugged coastline with its coves, caves and secluded beaches, a haven for nesting birds, otters, whales, dolphins, porpoises and basking sharks. Summer evenings offer breathtaking sunsets. Cottages used by The Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society. The Beinn Eighe Nature Reserve and the Torridon Mountains are nearby.
- Exceptionally well-furnished and equipped to a high standard, with all the comforts of home Accommodates up to 4 plus baby.
- Front vestibule and hall.
- Spacious double bedroom with fitted wardrobes.
- Second bedroom with twin beds and fitted wardrobes.
- Well-fitted bathroom with bath, w.c. and separate walk-in shower.
- The large, beautifully furnished L-shaped lounge/dining room has freeview satellite TV, DVD player, and stereo/radio/cassette/CD player.
- WiFi provided.
- Fully fitted kitchen with dishwasher, washer, tumble dryer, fridge, freezer, microwave etc.
- Rear porch with hanging space.
Enclosed garden, leading on to field and walk down to the shore. Parking for 2 cars by the house.Melvaig has a cafe bar/restaurant. Slipway for boat launching. The area's attractions include whale-watching and marine trips, visits to the puffin colonies on the Shiant islands, sea eagles, salmon, sea trout, brown trout, pike and sea fishing: bird-watching, falconry courses, golf course and pony trekking. Also boat trips on Loch Maree to view Viking graves, bike hire, deer stalking and deer museum, guided hill walks, guided climbing and sea-kayaking trips, plus the world famous Inverewe Gardens, to name but a few. Swimming pool, Shops, Post office, garage and other services approx. 20 mins away.
Short bargain breaks, November to March.