Isle of Skye
Sleeps: 5 - 9.
Low season: £410 - £560 pw.
High season: £510 - £775 pw.
New Year £850.
For further details and a brochure please contact:
2 Hawthorn Place, Torrance, G64 4EA
Tel: 01360 622680 (not Sundays please)
Reload this mapShore Cottage is in an idyllic location a stone's throw from the sea, facing south-west towards the Cuillin range and the small isles of Rum and Canna.
It is a traditional croft house which has been refurbished and extended. Comfortably furnished and very well equipped, it has a wonderful, large bay-windowed dining area overlooking the loch. You can enjoy the constantly changing view, spectacular sunsets over the Cuillins, a wonderful variety of wildlife (even otters from time to time), without leaving the comfort of the house.
It forms an excellent base for those wishing to enjoy walking, hill-walking, bird-watching, exploring the Isle of Skye, or just to 'get away from it all'. You can enjoy swimming from a pleasant sandy beach a few hundred yards from the house. If you have a canoe, sailboard or dinghy, Ord is ideal.
For wet weather, there is a games room with table-tennis and darts, or, for younger children, a trampoline and other toys.
In the original part of the house, the accommodation consists of:
In the extension there is:
- Entrance hall with plenty of room for coats and shoes; toilet.
- Large kitchen / dining room (with dishwasher, microwave, electric hob and oven, family size fridge/freezer).
- Sitting room (with music centre, satellite TV including BT sport, DVD, video, telephone, broadband, WiFi).
- Utility room (washing machine, tumble drier).
- Shower room with toilet.
- Three bedrooms upstairs: one double room with king-size bed, one twin bedded room and one single bedroom (duvets, pillows and all bed linen are supplied).
- Upstairs toilet.
- Games room (see above).
- Upstairs: large family bedroom with one double and two single beds.