Sleeps: 4 (+1 on futon).
Cot and high chair on request.
Sorry no pets.
Low Season from £300 pw.
High Season from £500 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01786 357529
Mobile: 07801 385960
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThis quaint Victorian cottage has been renovated recently to a high standard and lies beautifully perched above Johnshaven harbour. The village is a picturesque coastal haven, where fishing for lobster, crab and mackeral has gone on for centuries and continues to provide work to the present day. Johnshaven offers the ideal location for a couple seeking a relaxing break or for a family wishing to take maximum advantage the coastal environment. It is wonderfully positioned for exploring North East Scotland and Royal Deeside. Shonang has returned recently to the holiday cottage market, following 15 months of owner occupation.
Shonang is well equipped, with accommodation on two floors, the upper floor offering spectacular views over the village harbour. Heating is provided by storage heaters, with thermostat controls and a multi- fuel burner. Logs, coal, bed linen and towels are included in the price.
- The bright kitchen is fully equipped with a fan oven cooker and hob, washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge / freezer, toaster and microwave oven. A fire blanket and smoke alarm is also provided, as are flasks, torch, fan heaters, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and hot water bottles.
- The lounge is well proportioned and is in traditional design, with beamed ceiling. Two 3-seater settees are set alongside the cosy multi-fuel stove. Television, DVD player and CD system are provided for further relaxation.
- The dining room is set off the lounge and is in traditional cottage design. It provides a relaxing area to enjoy the high quality farming and fishing produce which is readily available in the area.
- The bright bathroom has toilet, washbasin, shaving point and electric shower, over the bath. Towels are provided free of charge.
- Two charming double bedrooms overlook the harbour, both finished with double beds. In addition, a double futon is provided in bedroom 2.
- Garden chairs and table are set out in one of the two private patio areas that can be used to nurture a glass of wine and enjoy the tranquillity of village life.
- A barbecue is provided to add that finishing touch to a warm summer's day.
- The back garden is enclosed and provides a secure area for small children.
- Parking is provided to the rear of the property.
- Options for a stroll include a walk along the disused railway line to the rear of the property, a visit to the harbour to admire the fishing boats or a ramble along the shoreline to watch for dolphins, as you travel to the next fishing village of Gourdon.
- Johnshaven has 2 pubs in the village and a recently opened restaurant, offering excellent cuisine (seafood a speciality).
Places of Interest in The Area Include:
- Bird watching
- St Cyrus award winning beach (5 miles south)
- Dunnotar and Glamis Castles
- House of Dunn (National Trust)
- Grassic Gibbon Centre
- Montrose Wildlife Centre
- Walking in the Angus Glens
- Shopping in Aberdeen and Dundee
- Stonehaven Folk Festival (July)
- Johnshaven Fish Festival (August)
- Mearns Connections Festival (August)