THE SHIELING BY THE BAY
Rhughasinish, Loch Carnan, Isle of South Uist,
Western Isles HS8 5PE
Sleeps up to 2 adults (child by prior request).
Sorry no pets.
Free wifi available.
Visit Scotland: 5 Star.
Price range £595 - £795 pw.
Christmas & New Year special rates.
For further details please contact:
Tel: Freephone 0800 122 3234
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapWelcome to Airidh a' Bhaigh (The Shieling by the Bay) a 5 Star luxury self catering thatched cottage centrally located in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland island chain on the beautiful island of South Uist. Originally built in the 1800's, Airidh a' Bhaigh is now a luxurious and sympathetically restored one bedroom thatched cottage that comfortably sleeps up to two people.
15 Aug, 22 Aug
The islands offer you miles of some of the most amazing and peaceful beaches and hills where you can unwind from the hectic pace of life in another world. Whether you are looking to escape for a romantic break in the Hebrides, play the old Tom Morris golf course, fish the 100's of lochs, relax and unwind or experience the magic of the Hebrides, The Shieling by the Bay will treat you to them all.
- Unique hand made furniture, exposed roof beams and an authentic peat fire create a traditional look and feel that adds a real touch of class to this high standard Outer Hebrides accommodation.
- The cottage is underfloor heated throughout and double glazed for added comfort. It is full of authentic Hebridean character with added luxuries for your relaxation and enjoyment.
- The Shieling is located in a tranquil unspoilt environment where an abundance of rare wildlife will entertain you in their natural habitat from your window or the bay view seating area. You can sit and relax on your private elevated viewpoint of Creag Loisgte (Burn Rock) where you may view St Kilda, The Isle Of Skye, Rhum, Harris, Barra, Benbecula and North Uist.
- Only minutes walk away enjoy the finest award winning local produce from the fertile land and sea of the Outer Hebrides in the local award winning restaurant.
- The Shieling makes for the perfect hideaway for exploring the magical Hebrides. Relax at the peat fire and take life at your own pace in this truly romantic, idyllic setting.
- There are several seating and relaxation areas externally for your private use with amazing views across the Inner and Outer Hebrides. Relax and watch the sunset across Burn Rock Bay whilst the wildlife of the day entertains you unannounced. Seals, Otters, Eagles, Corncrake and many more are regular visitors.
- Take in the fantastic views of the Inner and Outer Hebrides from the top of Creag Loisgte (Burn Rock) which took its name from the burning sensation gatherers got from the warm rock whilst harvesting lichen for dyeing wool. St Kilda can be seen from the view point on a clear day. This is an ideal spot for artists to paint the vast views across the landscape. There are many walks that can be accessed from the cottage, and beaches are only 10 minutes drive away.
Peace and relaxation to your hearts content.
- The bedroom is floored with elegant hand cut elm wood and uniquely furnished with a classic rustic hand made double bed, luxurious mattress, wardrobe and chest of drawers. A hairdryer and ghd straighteners are provided for your use.
- The spacious bathroom is fitted with a luxuriously deep traditional freestanding bath for a truly peaceful and relaxing bathing experience to soothe your soul. A separate Daryl Hydra Classic shower will rejuvenate and bring you back to life in the morning with its invigorating body jets and rain shower system. The finest towels and linen are provided.
- The combined open plan lounge and dining area with heated slate floor, exposed roof beams, peat fire and luxury seating create a traditional and relaxing ambience ensuring you unwind for a truly enjoyable experience. A flat screen HD TV, DVD, SKY TV and ipod docking station are provided for your use.
- The kitchen / dining area contains a full sized Rangemaster cooker complete with Wok burner and griddle which is ideal for cooking the fresh shellfish freely available from the shores around the cottage. A spacious dining table and 4 chairs are provided as well as Dishwasher, Fridge and Microwave, Utensils & Crockery.
- Peat stove complete with as much fuel & kindling as you require.
- Washer dryer & freezer are provided in the adjacent outbuilding.