Dumfries and Galloway
Cot by prior request.
Sorry no pets.
Low season £300 pw.
High season £345 pw.
For further details please contact:
Rob Haywood or Val Haywood
Tel: 01576 202823
Detached, single storey, cottage in a beautiful rural location, 2.5 miles from the attractive town of Lockerbie. Delightful river views from the garden. Sleeps 3 + cot.
- A cosy, traditional cottage, retaining many attractive period features and having the relaxing sound of the river 'Water of Milk' for company. It is an ideal base for visiting South West Scotland (including the Solway coast), Gretna Green, Glasgow, Edinburgh, the Scottish Borders and the Lake District.
- The cottage, with its attractive open log fire in the living room, is situated adjacent to the owners' home (a former watermill built in 1755). It is comfortably furnished, well equipped, and all on one level. There are flower gardens at the front, with parking for one car and a small fenced garden to the rear with seating and river views.
- Lockerbie has a wide choice of shops and places to eat.
- Enjoy quiet country roads, yet with easy access to the M74 and a main line railway station.
- Living room - comfortably furnished with open fire heating five radiators (coal and logs provided). Colour TV. DVD Radio.
- Kitchen/Dining Room - with exposed beams, spacious, well equipped: washing machine, electric cooker, fridge, microwave.
- Bathroom - bath with shower over, handbasin, toilet.
- Bedrooms - one double and one single.
- Bedlinen provided, but please bring your own personal towels.
- Rooms are all on one level.
- Cot/High Chair available on request.
- Underfloor electric night storage heating, night storage heater in bedroom, all electricity and solid fuel are included in the price.
- For the comfort of all our guests, Bridge Cottage is No Smoking.
- Sorry we do not accept pets.
Bridge Cottage is conveniently situated for walking in the hills, along the coast or exploring the forests and nature trails. Cycling enthusiasts can sample the '7 stanes' mountain bike trails or quiet country lanes. Golfers have a choice of courses and there are castles, museums and gardens to visit. With its peaceful surroundings, the cottage has an abundance of wildlife on the doorstep and a cosy, open log fire to relax beside at the end of an enjoyable day.