Dumfries and Galloway
Cot by prior request.
Sorry no pets.
Low season £275 pw.
High season £330 pw.
For further details please contact:
Rob Haywood or Val Haywood
Tel: 01576 202823
Detached cottage in a beautiful rural location, 2.5 miles from the attractive town of Lockerbie. Delightful river views from the garden. Sleeps 3 + cot.
- This cosy, traditional cottage has the relaxing sound of the river "Water of Milk" for company and is an ideal base for visiting South West Scotland (including the Solway coast), Gretna Green, Glasgow, Edinburgh, the Scottish Borders and the Lake District.
- The cottage, with its attractive open log fire in the living room, is situated adjacent to the owners' home (a former watermill built in 1755). It is comfortably furnished, well equipped, and all on one level. There are flower gardens at the front, with parking for one car and a small fenced garden to the rear with seating and river views.
- There are a choice of shops and eating places in Lockerbie as well as a main line railway station.
- Living room - comfortably furnished with open fire heating five radiators (coal and logs provided). Colour TV. DVD Radio.
- Kitchen/Dining Room - with exposed beams, spacious, well equipped: washing machine, electric cooker, fridge, microwave.
- Bathroom - bath with shower over, handbasin, toilet.
- Bedrooms - one double and one single.
- Bedlinen provided, but please bring your own personal towels.
- Rooms are all on one level.
- Cot/High Chair available on request.
- Underfloor electric night storage heating, night storage heater in bedroom, all electricity and solid fuel are included in the price.
- For the comfort of all our guests, Bridge Cottage is No Smoking.
- Sorry we do not accept pets.
Our visitors walk in the hills and along forest trails. The cycling enthusiasts sample the '7 Stanes' mountain bike trails or the quiet country lanes. The golfers have a choice of courses and there are castles, museums and gardens to visit. With its peaceful surroundings, the cottage has an abundance of wildlife on the doorstep and at the end of a busy day, everyone enjoys relaxing in front of the cosy open log fire.