THE SCRIPTORIUM RETREAT
The Highland Club,
Fort Augustus Abbey,
Sorry no pets.
Low season £500 pw.
Mid season £600 - £650 pw.
High season £800 pw.
Festive season £800 pw.
Short breaks are available from 2 nights.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01343 843063
Mobile: 0774 886 7825
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe St. Benedict's Abbey at Fort Augustus is - without doubt - one of the finest old buildings in the north of Scotland with a fascinating history... recently redeveloped, the abbey now provides a most exclusive holiday home in Scotland, THE HIGHLAND CLUB.
3 Oct, 10 Oct, 17 Oct, 24 Oct, 7 Nov
Surrounded on three sides by water, the abbey is set on the southern end of Loch Ness in twenty acres of beautiful mature garden grounds which extend right down to the shoreline of Loch Ness; its just 40 minutes drive from the City of Inverness.
THE HIGHLAND CLUB -as part of the services for YOU - includes an heated indoor swimming POOL with steam room & sauna, a well equipped MiniGYM, a tennis court, badminton net, giant chess, BBQ-places, croquet lawn, outdoor table tennis and cricket pitch, and a Club Lounge with full sized snooker table (free WLAN connection!), also with the 'Boathouse' restaurant on site at the shores of Loch Ness... you will have a very enjoyable, luxury stay!
The SCRIPTORIUM - once the secret 'writing room' of the monastery - forms now the very special framework of a unique one-bedroom-apartment on 2 floors with plenty of original features.
The SCRIPTORIUM RETREAT benefits from:
It's now the right time to reserve a week or two for a very special price at the SCRIPTORIUM-RETREAT.
- The bathroom with bath tub and shower over and heated towel rail.
- The lounge with dining area and integrated kitchen including gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher, washing machine/dryer, fridge with ice box... tall windows right into the ceiling are giving plenty of light and lovely views into the abbey gardens.
- The bedroom upstairs with a king-size double bed - suiting easily an abbot - under the original wooden ceiling, a sky light to watch the stars and clouds from your bed and the special ambience created by stained-glass windows with symbols of the past home of monks...
- Adding to the special feeling of the apartment are the hectagonal shape of the building towards the west, the vaulted ceilings and arches, ancient tiles in vestibule and a chapel-like ambience in the bedroom.
- TV and integrated DVD-CD player and vintage radio help to enjoy each and every minute at the SCRIPTORIUM, to relax and to feel at home.
Special Last-Minute-Deal: 20% OFF any booking placed within a week of arrival!!! ...in a most unique detached apartment, the SCRIPTORIUM retreat...