Sorry no pets.
Prices from £450 per week.
For further details please contact:
Reload this mapSAWMILL COTTAGE is a charming Miller's cottage, forming a part of what was once the Tyninghame Estate sawmill dating back to the early 19th century. The cottage is located on the edge of picturesque Tyninghame village, in the heart of East Lothian, an area of natural beauty with rolling countryside and nearby golden sandy beaches.
The cottage has been restored and tastefully furnished to provide stylish self-contained, self-catering holiday accommodation for up to three people. It is reached by a private drive shared with the owner's neighbouring mill house and is in a quiet location. From the cottage there are uninterrupted views across the fields of East Lothian and to the Lammermuir Hills beyond. Running past the cottage is the old mill stream where kingfishers and herons fish and the occasional family of otters can be spotted.
- The cottage has an open plan living room, dining room and kitchenette: The comfortably furnished living room has a woodburning stove with logs provided.
- The cottage has two bedrooms, both furnished to the same high standard and provided with clean white linen and towels. The double bedroom has a 6' wide king sized bed and the single bedroom has a 4' wide bed.
- The modern bathroom is fitted with shower over the compact bath, with a heated towel rail and a shaver socket.
- The heating is electric.
- The kitchenette is fully equipped with dining and cooking equipment and has a hob, combination microwave/oven (there is also a fan oven), fridge, toaster and tea and coffee making facilities.
- The sitting room has a wood-burning stove and logs are provided. A digital TV with built-in DVD player, radio, ironing board and hairdryer are provided. A laundry service is also available if required.
- Sawmill Cottage is ideally located in East Lothian, which is immediately to the east of the city of Edinburgh. East Lothian has much to offer the visitor, including forty miles of beautiful golden sandy beaches including the nearby Tyninghame Beach, rolling green countryside and is reputed to have more annual sunshine hours than any other part of the UK.
- The quality of the urban and rural environment is one of the greatest assets of East Lothian with some of the finest farmland in Scotland. East Lothian is bounded on the south by the Lammermuir Hills and stretches eastwards to the boundary with Scottish Borders at Cockburnspath.
- This part of East Lothian has a number of picturesque villages, such as Tyninghame itself, and small towns, including North Berwick and Gullane - a mecca for golfers; Musselburgh for ice cream and horse racing; and the historic town of Dunbar - a pleasant harbour town famous as the birthplace of conservationist John Muir. Nearby historic castles include Tantallon, Dirleton and Hailes, which are all maintained by Historic Scotland.
- For bird-watchers there are dramatic views from the East Lothian mainland to the Bass Rock - a sanctuary for birds and the 3rd largest gannetry in the world with boat trips from nearby North Berwick which also has a Seabird Centre with webcams giving live pictures of thousands of birds on the Bass Rock.
- Other activities available in East Lothian include cycling, horse riding, fishing, and walking even the 73 kilometres of the nearby John Muir Way. Also see Concorde close-up at the nearby Museum of of Flight and the John Muir Birthplace in Dunbar, which details the life and achievements of the conservationist and founder of America's National Parks.
- East Lothian is one of the best regions for golf in Scotland, with 22 courses offering choice to golfers of all standards and tastes with stunning vistas along the East Lothian coastline.