Isle of Skye
Sorry no pets.
Low season £400 - £500 pw.
High season £550 - £650 pw.
Burnside Cottage, sleeps 4
For further details please contact:
Gill and Peter Roberts
Tel: 01471 820 243
Sandpiper is a stunning newly built (April 2013) luxury cottage, at Waterloo Broadford. Situated in a spectacular location right on the edge of Broadford bay, there are views across the bay to the red Cuillins, two small islands and the Scottish mainland. The first new building here for more than 30 years it has been designed to look like a traditional Hebridean cottage, but inside it is warm and modern with many home comforts.
- Sandpiper is situated on a no-through road, a quiet single track lane; it is positioned well back from the road with a large parking area. The cottage is set in half an acre of what will be a wild flower meadow.
- Broadford village, with shops, post office, restaurant galleries, and fuel about 2 miles away.
- The nearest bar / restaurant is within walking distance about 1/2 a mile away.
- The front of the property faces the sea, and to the rear is croft land; cattle can be seen grazing. The shore is easily accessible just across the road.
- This area is very popular with wildlife enthusiasts and bird watchers.
- At the end of the lane a gate leads to a rough track and an area called Ardenish fossils, mainly ammonites can be found here, and it is a good place to look for otters.
- If you can tear yourself away from the cottage, Broadford is a very convenient base for exploring Skye and the mainland.
- All accommodation is on one level.
- Very spacious cottage. All the windows have been designed to maximise the viewing potential. You can watch oyster catchers and other waders, without leaving your bed.
- Sleeping 4 persons, there is a double bedroom with an adjacent bathroom with shower, and a twin room which has a large ensuite bathroom with bath and overhead shower. The twin beds can be locked together to make a super king-size bed. (Advance notice please).
- The huge well equipped dining kitchen has a cooker, hob microwave, dishwasher and fridge. Another fridge/freezer washing machine and tumble dryer are in the utility room.
- With full length windows on 3 sides the lounge also has great views, and a wood burner to enjoy.
- Wood burner.
- TV with freeview and small TV /DV in kitchen.
- Free WiFi.
- Oil fired central heating.
- ipod dock.
- Selection of DVDs.
- We provide bed linen, towels, tea towels, and logs.
- Cot and high chair available.
- Picnic table, BBQ available.
- Strictly no smoking.
- Sorry no dogs.