Rutter Force Waterfall,
Nr Great Asby,
Sleeps: 2 / 4.
No children under 12.
Well-behaved pets allowed.
Commended by AIA.
Low season £480 - £525 pw.
High season £575 - £600 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 07753 103678 or 01923 820015
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Relax, unwind and indulge in a unique self-catering holiday home at The Mill, Rutter Falls, in the Eden Valley, Cumbria, near the Lake District. Set at the foot of a stunning waterfall, this converted watermill provides the perfect luxury get away in its own nature reserve. Featured in the Sunday Times - Travel Supplement - in May 2005 'Cottages with class - we test the best' one of only fifteen properties in the whole of the UK.
27 Sep, 4 Oct, 18 Oct
- If you like long or short walks, touring the Eden Valley, getting away from it all or just want to see the beauty of the local habitat, look no further.
- With a contemporary open plan and wonderfully luxurious interior, the Mill provides spacious accommodation on two floors for one or two couples.
- In the nearby market towns of Appleby and Kirkby Stephen, you will find historic buildings, and a range of delightful small shops offering crafts, antiques and local specialities.
- The Northern Lakes are all very accessible as are trips to North Cumbria, the Pennines and the Scottish Borders. Local connections to Settle/Carlisle Railway.
Set at the foot of a stunning waterfall, this converted watermill provides the perfect luxury get-away in its own nature reserve, ideal for that special break. The Mill has historical references dating back to the 16th century and in its time has served as a corn mill, bobbin mill, saw mill and generator providing electricity to the local community.
- At the Mill you'll enjoy a personal warm and informal welcome. We love what we do and want you to enjoy your stay at this beautiful location. Interaction if you want it - privacy if you don't. Local knowledge and advice if you'd like to know more about walks etc.
- Two ensuite double bedroom areas on two floors; telephone; power shower; plenty of hot water, Victorian slipper bath; luxury bed linen and fluffy towels.
- The kitchen, which has a breakfast area, is fully equipped with Bosch appliances and has been uniquely designed and hand painted by artist Christine Leadbetter.
- The lounge area has two leather sofas, cosy wood-burning stove and Sky TV with DVD player.
- There is an east facing floodlit waterside balcony and secret south facing garden.
- A welcome pack, including chilled Champagne or wine for short stays, will greet you.
Ford cottage also available at Rutter Force Waterfall
Rutter Falls is between Great Asby and Appleby, easily found off the B6260 Tebay to Appleby Road. Brown Tourist signs from Burrells, which is 1.5 miles from Appleby. Tebay (off M6 junction 38) Appleby (off A66 - Scotch Corner A1 to Penrith M6).