Sleeps: 7 + 2 in Gypsy Caravan.
Sorry, no pets.
VisitScotland: 3 Stars.
Prices: £620 pw.
Pagelink - we also have:
Caladh, Torridon, sleeps up to 9 + cot
For further details please contact:
Martin and Carol Roff
Tel: 01349 877762
Reload this mapRowan Glen can be available when the owners are away sailing. It is situated in 6 acres of its own grounds, with good privacy in a rural setting and away from busy roads, 20 minutes from Inverness and 15 minutes from Dingwall.
Features and Facilities
- From the patio door of the kitchen the two large natural ponds, one with boat house and rowing dinghy, are close by. There are lawns and mature natural woodland, with a tree house and zip wire, for adults or children.
- There is a recently built lookalike gypsy caravan (2 comfortable bunks - bring your own sleeping bags) and a replica shepherds hut on wheels.
- There is a full size croquet court, large summer house with seating for 8, and an extensive hedge labyrinth.
- The property has a large sitting room with open fire, large kitchen with dishwasher, double oven, fridge etc., utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer, and separate dining room comfortably seating up to 8.
- There are 2 double bedrooms, one with en suite bathroom, and one twin bedroom with an additional Ercol Studio Couch in it, making an adequate 3rd bed if needed, and family bathroom.
- There is hardly any need to leave the Black Isle (the peninsula between Moray Firth and Cromarty Firth) in order to have an excellent and varied holiday at Rowan Glen:
- There is a network of forest tracks for walking and cycling.
- There are sandy beaches, the Black Isle Wildlife and Country Park, and an RSPB reserve.
- You can be climbing the local munro mountain, Ben Wyvis, within half an hour.
- The weather reputation is mild and sunny.
- If you do want to go touring, Rowan Glen is ideally situated for the Northern Highlands; north to Dunrobin castle and John o Groats, south to the Cairngorms, west to Glen Affric, Torridon etc., east to the Speyside whisky country and several castles and their grounds open to the public.