14 Sir George's Place,
Sorry no pets.
Price range £350 - £525 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 07804 857532
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Charming 2 bedroom, early Victorian cottage - sleeps 3. Traditional but stylish with a beautiful garden. 10 miles from Brighton. Close to country footpaths but near shops and restaurants in rural Steyning.
4 Oct, 25 Oct
The Local Area
- Originally a tannery worker's cottage, the property has been carefully restored to offer comfortable accommodation. Light and bright throughout, it has a cosy living room and separate well equipped kitchen with a dining table.
- Upstairs you will find two delightful bedrooms with plenty of storage. The main double bedroom has a Victorian fireplace and hand painted cabinets.
- The bathroom - on the ground floor - has a bath with an overhead shower.
- Outside you can sit and relax in the charming cottage garden, listening to the mill stream that runs behind it. You will find plants in flower all year.
- Indoors you can make good use of the TV with Freeview, DVD player, digital radio, iPod dock, board games, novels, guide books and local maps!
- The cottage is in a quiet spot but close to Steyning High Street which has tea shops, pubs, restaurants and independently run interesting shops. However within 5 minutes you can be on a footpath heading into the South Downs - perfect for walkers!
- Parking is possible in the street outside the cottage.
- Children are welcome but younger ones would need to be supervised outside, as although the garden is fenced, there is a steep bank behind the fence leading down to the mill stream.
- There is a handrail beside the stairs however they are fairly steep, so might not be suitable for those with mobility problems.
- Steyning itself is a picturesque small town with many timber framed listed buildings. There are booklets in the cottage about the local architecture and you can visit the excellent, free, local museum where you find out more about Steyning's importance in the past. Call in at the Norman Church by the museum too!
- Steyning is a great base for exploring the local area. Fifteenth century St Mary's House, in the next village, Bramber, is worth a visit along with the Elizabethan manor house in Parham.
- If you are a garden lover make sure you visit the nearby Sussex Prairie Gardens - near Henfield - and Highdown Gardens - near Worthing - built on chalk and open throughout the year.
- If you enjoy walking the location is ideal! You can walk on the long distance footpath - the South Downs Way - or plan your own routes with help from maps, leaflets and books in the cottage. Visit the Iron Age fort Chanctonbury Ring - 3 miles from the cottage - and enjoy stunning views.
- When you fancy a dip in the sea you can go to the Sussex coast 5 miles away or take a trip to lively, cosmopolitan Brighton. There are 5 or 6 trains an hour to Brighton from nearby Shoreham-by-Sea. The same station has two trains an hour to London taking an hour and 15 minutes.
- A car is advised, however it is possible to use public transport. There are hourly bus services to Steyning from Shoreham-by-Sea station.
- Gatwick Airport is a 45 minute drive from the cottage. Trains take around 40 minutes from Gatwick to Shoreham-by-Sea. The nearest ferry is at Newhaven.