Western Isles Scotland
Sorry no pets.
Price range: £400 - £500 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 0131 449 5974
Reload this mapSelf Catering Cottage Isle of Scalpay/Harris
Set amid stunning scenery Roineabhal is a traditional two storey croft house. It is situated on the beautiful Island of Scalpay (Harris) in Scotland's Western Isles. The cottage has fantastic sea views to Skye and North Uist.
- Ideal for touring the Island
- Hill walking
- Bird watching
- Electricity / bed linen included
An ideal location for walking, golf and fishing and only 30 minutes from the white sandy beaches on the West coast. Tarbert the main village and ferry port is 15 minutes away and here you will find craft shops selling Harris Tweed & Knitwear. There are a selection of Hotels and a Tea room. Local grocers, Bank and petrol station. There is a Leisure Centre with swimming pool and gymnasium.
- Sitting room with 37" LCD TV with Free sat HD and Sony DVD with some DVDs available. Bose IPod Dock music system.
- Free WIFI.
- AGA Peat Burner (Peat Starter Pack Provided).
- Fully fitted kitchen with fridge/freezer, washing machine, oven and Hob, microwave.
- Dining room for up to four people.
- 2 x double bedrooms with double beds, tastefully decorated and furnished.
- Upstairs Bathroom with electric shower.
- Electric heating in all rooms.
- All bed linen provided.
- Electricity provided free.
- All rooms have wonderful sea views to Skye and North Uist. The highest Mountain on Harris (An Clisham) can also be seen from the cottage.
- The garden is fenced in and you can park at the front door There is an outhouse for storing bikes etc.
- Roineabhal is part of a working croft and sheep can usually be seen wandering by.
- Watch out for seals and otters playing in the bays. Many types of bird's habitat including golden eagles, sea eagles and buzzards.
- There is a fantastic 9 hole golf course on the beaches and walkers and fisherman are spoilt for choice. A great walk to Eilean Glas Lighthouse starts from our doorstep.
- Some of the best beaches in the world are only a half an hour away.
- Good food can be found in Scalpay Bistro (great Chef) Tarbert the main village and a wider selection is available in Stornoway (50mins).
- Please see our web site for links to the many Island attractions.