RODDEN MANOR COTTAGE
Somerset Wiltshire border
Sleeps: 2 - 4.
Sorry no pets
Check-in after 4pm.
Check-out by 10am.
Low season: £300 - £400 pw.
High season: £450 - £550 pw.
For further details please contact:
Rory or Sara Ingleby-MacKenzie
Tel: 01373 466610
Fax: 01373 466647
Reload this mapAttached to the historic medieval Manor (photo on right), part of which dates from Norman times, Rodden Manor Cottage lies in secluded privacy on the banks of Rodden Brook half a mile outside Frome. The moated Manor house was acquired by Sir John ('Little Jack') Horner following the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1538. According to the popular story, at the time of dissolution Richard Whiting, the last Abbot of Glastonbury, hoped to appease Henry VIII by sending his steward Jack Horner to London with a Christmas gift, a pie, hidden in which were deeds of twelve manors, including those of Rodden and Mells. On the journey, Jack opened the pie and removed the deeds; shortly afterwards the Horner family took up residence at Mells.
- Four miles away is historic Longleat House, with its Safari Park and scenic walks; adjacent to Longleat lies Cley Hill, an Iron Age fort, which provides a challenging walk.
- The lovely gardens of Stourhead (National Trust) and the beautiful cities of Bath and Wells are within a 40 minutes drive.
- Easily accessible are Lacock, Bowood House, Glastonbury, Cheddar Gorge and Caves, Wookey Hole museum and caves, the Fleet Air Arm Museum, Stonehenge and the Mendip Hills.
- Good village pubs and hostelries are to be found nearby at Corsley, Beckington, Rode, Woolverton, Norton St Philip and Mells.
Whilst babies are welcome, it is regretted that due to the closeness of the brook the accommodation is not suitable for toddlers and young children.
- Open plan, newly refurbished kitchen with under floor heating.
- Sitting room with Inglenook fireplace and wood burning stove.
- Upstairs: Master bedroom with Queen sized bed, and vanity unit; twin bedroom with vanity unit.
- Small lawned garden with table and chairs, BBQ.
- Central heating, sheets, duvets, towels, and initial supply of firewood and kindling included in rental.
- Colour TV, DVD player, CD/Radio/Cassette, electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, iron/board, cot, high chair. Washing machine and dryer available.
- Welcome pack can be provided by arrangement with hosts.