Sleeps: 5 +cot.
Sorry no pets.
No smoking in the cottage.
Price range: £282 - £492 pw.
Short breaks available off peak.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Olwen Jones
Tel: 01873 857866
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapLocated in lovely peaceful countryside this spacious detached stone cottage has, in its surrounding grounds, a stream, lawns, patios and a wild flower reserve giving views across the surrounding fields and woods to the nearby mountains. A great centre to explore, by foot or by car, the Black Mountains, the Brecon Beacons, Mid Wales, and the black and white villages of Herefordshire. Conveniently close to Brecon town, the charming village of Talgarth and an award winning restaurant, the Griffin Inn, at nearby Felinfach.
22 Nov, 6 Dec, 13 Dec, 20 Dec
Accommodation: Sleeps 5
- First Floor: Bedrooms, 1 double, 1 twin, 1 single. Bathroom, bath with shower over, whb & wc.
- Curved stone staircase.
- Ground Floor: Kitchen, dining room, sitting room, cloakroom with whb & wc.
- Fully double glazed throughout.
- Large garden with 2 patios, stream, waterfall, cascade, wildflower reserve. (Young children need careful supervision).
- Electric cooker, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, cooking utensils etc.
- TV with DVD, radio.
- Night storage heaters plus convector heaters in all rooms. Electricity is charged at elec. company rate for units used.
- Open fireplace.
- Bed linen and towels.
- Duvets and blankets.
- Cot (no bedding), high chair.
- Garden furniture.
- Parking for 3 cars.
- Variable mobile phone reception.
- No pets. No smoking.
Nearby is an open common, prized for its wild flowers and birds. Immediately around are pleasant walks along flower-lined lanes and across pasture land. Within easy reach are the mountains, Llangors Lake, a boating canal, the River Usk, Talybont Reservoir and Brecon Mountain Railway.
The lovely little town of Brecon has a cathedral, cinema, museum, theatre, leisure centre with indoor swimming pool, riverside promenade and a good variety of shops. Talgarth has various attractions including a working flour mill. The rural towns of Hay-on-Wye, the largest second-hand book centre in the world, and Abergavenny are a short distance away, also the World Industrial Heritage site of Blaenafon and the historic iron-making town of Merthyr Tydfil. The sandy beaches of the Gower are only an hour away by car as is the National Botanic Garden of Wales near to the town of Llandeilo.
Activities available locally include pony trekking, fishing, boating, bowls, tennis, swimming, cycling and a wonderful variety of beautiful walks of all grades, from level canal towpath to steep mountain climbs.
Weekly bookings in the summer begin on Fridays, arrivals from 3.00 p.m., departures by 10.00 a.m., accepted on payment of a deposit of 1/3 of the total booking fee, the balance to be paid one month prior to arrival. Off peak short breaks available.