31 Wells Road,
Pets: one well behaved dog only.
Low season £551 pw.
High season £656 pw.
Short breaks, 3 nights from £303.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01328 830 038 or 07999294762
Reload this mapRIVERSIDE COTTAGE is an award winning conversion of a former 18th century stable set in an enviable location overlooking the River Stiffkey, and the panoramic hills beyond. The cottage is ideally situated to explore the stunning North North Heritage Coast (AONB), and is located minutes from the Roman coastal path, famous bird-watching marshes and extensive beautiful unspoilt beaches under breathtaking skies...
- This wonderful, atmospheric, and peaceful award-winning retreat, is owned by former multi-award winning Boutique B&B owners, and thus offers high-spec accommodation with luxurious boutique period style furnishings!
- The cosy sitting-room is painted in heritage colours, and is filled with vintage/antique treasures, squashy leather sofas aside an inglenook (faux wood-burner) fireplace with original Bressemer beam. There is a large wall-mounted flat-screen Freeview TV with built-in DVD player radio/CD player.
- A dramatic gothic cupboard is generously filled with a library of books, brochures, DVDs and CDs for the guests to enjoy!
- This idyllic country-cottage lounge affords the most spectacular views to the rolling countryside and hills beyond. Birdlife, Barn owls, deers, cows, and an abundance of river life are a an integral part of the wild-natural setting of this most idyllic cottage.
- French doors open onto an alfresco terrace leading onto a south-facing garden that meanders down to its own private sun-deck, set over the river and again affording outstanding uninterrupted panoramic views.
- The well-equipped kitchen is located through an arch off the lounge.
- On arrival fresh flowers, chocolates and good wine await guests with a home-from-home welcome card to the cottage.
- Upstairs there is a gorgeous romantic French country bedroom with cushioned-bedecked antique brass bed. A picture-postcard porthole window shows-off the stunning views, and rolling-countryside beyond. There is plenty of storage space and also a portable Freeview TV.
- The upstairs shower-room has a generous walk-in shower and again decorated in charming French country style with lots of storage.
- Parking for one car is allocated in an open-garage aside the cottage - or in front of the wooden entrance gates to the private front courtyard of Riverside Cottage.
- The cottage though peacefully tucked-away, is moments from all the amenities of a well-stocked village shop, pub with great eatery, and the boon of an Antiques Centre.
Many of North Norfolk's famed visitor attractions are nearby such as magnificent Holkham Hall (deer park and one of the best beaches in England), Blakeney Point (seal sanctuary) and harbour, Cley mill and ECO nature centre, The holy shrines of historic Walsingham, Royal Sandringham, and the fabulous Georgian market town of Holt with its unique shops, delis, eateries, galleries, and antique centres; to name but a few...
"It's no wonder: artists, writers, and film-makers flock to this much-prized coastline!"