Sorry no pets.
Low season £242 - £265 pw.
High season £287 - £332 pw.
Short breaks available.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01423 819132
Mobile: 07962 407007
Reload this mapA 200-year old stone built former saddler's workshop, Readers Cottage is situated in the village centre and close to pubs, restaurants, cafes, shops and all amenities. Sedbergh is England's Book Town with quaint bookshops in which to browse and the southern Lake District and the heart of the Yorkshire Dales are only short drives away.
The village nestles in the Howgills, an area superb for walkers, canoers, mountain bikers and road bikers, or just for relaxing in breathtaking countryside. The Howgills are unspoilt and even during peak season you may walk miles without encountering the hordes of walkers typical of other destinations. For golfers there are 6 courses within 15 miles, including one at Sedbergh itself.
The cottage comprises:
- The cottage is ideally located for outdoor pursuits and sleeps two. It is very comfortable with its Laura Ashley King Size bed, and original beam lintels span the doors and windows.
- The kitchen-diner is fully equipped and the lounge, with 32 inch TV and DVD player, is a very comfortable place to relax following the day's activities.
- The shower room has an enclosed shower, and an electric stove, and central heating boiler provides the cottage with heat.
- Outside there is a small courtyard with potted plants, making it a pleasant place to sit in fine weather.
- A parking permit is available for use on the two centrally located car parks and there is also free roadside parking outside the cottage.
- If you want a relaxing holiday, with access to all amenities without the crowds, this is the ideal base for your holiday.
- Entrance lobby with drying area and staircase.
- Kitchen/diner with pantry, electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine.
- First floor cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- First floor lounge with electric stove, LED TV and DVD/CD player.
- Second floor double bedroom with King size Laura Ashley bed.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Parking permit for the village car parks a minute's walk of the cottage.
- Free on-street parking outside the cottage.
- Outside is a small courtyard.
- No smoking.
- No pets.
- Short stays available.