Dumfries & Galloway
Photo: Spacious, airy 46m2 living/dining space offers comfort for all generations.
Cot and highchair available.
Sorry no pets.
Low Season £300 - £350 pw.
Mid Season £350 - £425 pw.
High Season £595 pw.
Christmas and New Year £600 - £650 pw.
See also our two cottages sleeping a maximum of 8 at Ravenstone
Keeper's Cottage, sleeping 6
Southfield, sleeping 6
For further details please contact:
Mrs Sara Barton
Tel: 0131 618 0883
Mobile: 07767 827537
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapGet away to Galloway. There's something for everyone. Family and friends will enjoy discovering Scotland's hidden corner. At Orchard Cottage, children can clamber up our Iron Age Hill Fort for stunning views of Wigtown Bay and the Galloway Hills and roly-poly their way down - watching out for rabbit holes on the way.
30 Aug, 6 Sep
Photo:Panoramic view of Wigtown Estuary and Galloway Hills from summit of Iron Age Hill Fort.
Out and about, explore sandy beaches and rock pools.
Photo above left: This king size bedroom has an ensuite shower room.
- Visit the UK's first Dark Sky Park in the Galloway Forest Park at night and enjoy walks there by day. There's a local observatory to check out the stars too.
- Cycle the challenging 7 Stanes Circuit at Kirroughtree Forest Park or potter peacefully along the quiet roads.
- In spring see the ospreys nesting courtesy of the live camera link at Wigtown's County Hall.
- Lose yourself in the bookshops of Wigtown, Scotland's Book Town - annual festivals in early May and late September.
- Discover the many delightful gardens and nurseries in the area and take home a living memento of your visit.
Photo above right: Wendy house with Slide.
Photo below right: Children will love exploring the Wendy house and slide and playing in the purpose-built sandpit.
- The kitchen and dining/living room are light and open plan with plenty of space, TV and DVD player, and more traditional games for the whole family.
- The kitchen has microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, electric hob/oven and fridge/freezer.
- Master bedroom has king-size bed for extra comfort, black-out blind, and separate bathroom with extra large bath.
- Twin room has black out blind specially for those with young children and en-suite shower room.
- King room with en-suite shower room.
- There's a super efficient wood-burning stove that heats the house and hot water, and can be used for cooking. Hot water can be separate.
- This environmentally friendly cottage has a super-insulated frame, underfloor heating, sun tunnels, and environmentally friendly features that don't compromise your comfort.
- The cottage is child friendly and provides easy access to those who need it.
- Enclosed courtyard garden with raised beds and ponds, children's playhouse, slide and sandpit and a BBQ, table and chairs for the grownups. Swingset in our field next to cottage.