Devon / Somerset border
Sleeps: 5 (Cider Barn), and sleeps 4 (Shippen), and 6 persons in the Lodge.
Well behaved pets by arrangement.
Tourist Board: 4 Stars.
Price range £400 - £650 pw.
Short breaks by arrangement.
WiFi is available in all 4 cottages.
For further details please contact:
Tod & Heather Bainbridge
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapOur traditional barn cottages, and our luxury Scandinavian style Lodge are situated in 17 acres of peaceful, unspoilt Devon countryside, close to the Devon-Somerset border. There is a feeling of quiet seclusion, yet the cottages are central for all kinds of activities in both Devon and Somerset, being conveniently located only 5 miles North of Junction 27 of the M5.
10 Dec, 17 Dec, 7 Jan
We now have an exciting new development - Lakeside - a second wooden lodge that sits in a self-contained fully-fenced area beside our new lake. You can sit on the veranda and enjoy an evening drink watching the swallows and house martins swooping for insects. Lakeside sleeps up to 6, in two double and one single bedrooms, one en suite. It has a luxury fitted kitchen including induction hob, washing machine, dishwasher and fridge-freezer and central heating. As with our other properties it has free wi-fi broadband access and there are no hidden extras.
Great care went into the conversion of an old barn into two independent well-equipped cottages, furnished to a very high standard throughout. The Lodge has also been constructed and finished to a similarly high standard, and sits secluded in its own tranquil orchard.
- Each of the Barn Cottages has a double and a twin bedroom, and a spacious sitting room with colour TV and DVD. The Lodge has 4 bedrooms (2 double and 2 single) and can sleep up to 6.
- A mixture of contemporary furnishings and natural wooden features add to the character and charm.
- Each unit has a modern kitchen, including electric cooker, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. There is a washing machine in all cottages except Shippen.
- The tariff includes oil-fired central heating and electricity.
- On arrival, all beds are made up with fresh linen, duvets and covers. Ample fresh towels are also provided.
- Cider Barn (the larger cottage) has a downstairs cloakroom and an upstairs bathroom with walk-in shower, and Shippen has a full shower installation instead of a bath. The Lodge has an upstairs bathroom as well as a ground floor shower room with WC.
- There is a tennis court installed for the exclusive use of our guests.
- There is also a separate games room where Table Tennis and Darts can be played.
- Each cottage has its own private patio with seating and tables. The Lodge has its own veranda where you can dine whilst enjoying the sunset.
- Guests are also free to explore the farm.
There really is plenty to suit all ages and tastes.
- The area is ideal for country walks, riding, cycling (on the Sustrans cycle route) and peace and quiet, yet the cottages are conveniently located for access to many attractions, including National Trust properties such as Knightshayes Court and Killerton gardens, and the cathedral city of Exeter.
- The local Inn at Staple Cross serves food and is within reasonable walking distance. Closed Mondays.
- Dramatic Exmoor is just 10 miles away, whilst the south and north Devon coast beaches are both within easy reach.
- Close by is Wimbleball Lake where boats can be hired for sailing. Trout fishing is also available from either bank or boat.
- Major family attractions such as Diggerland at Cullompton and Crealy Adventure Park are also easily reached.
- Within 8 miles is Tiverton with its excellent shopping (which now includes a Tesco Superstore) and leisure facilities, including an indoor swimming pool and a golf course.
- Situated above the cottages is "Chimney Down" an open stretch of common land, ideal for dog walking, with extensive views across Exmoor to the north and Dartmoor to the west.