We welcome up to 2 well behaved pets.
Tourist Board: 3 Stars.
Price range: £335 - £810 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 07850 233853
Reload this mapFor those who want undisturbed peace and quiet with sea views in glorious Pembrokeshire countryside, Pwllcrochan has it all.
Pwllcrochan Cottage is a traditional Welsh cottage which has been extensively renovated. It comprises:
- The cottage is situated 400 metres from the sea in its own 4 acre grounds which includes a small lake on the beautiful North Pembrokeshire coast between Fishguard (5 miles away) and St Davids (12 miles away).
- Haverfordwest is approximately 15 miles.
- Strumble Head is close by and the nearest village is St Nicholas.
Features, Facilities and Location:
- Large west facing lounge with french doors which lead onto a large patio with views out to the sea.
- Good sized modern kitchen/diner.
- Family bathroom.
- Large ensuite double bedroom with a double bed and
- Small bedroom with two single beds, however in the case of two couples staying at the cottage, there is the option of using the large comfortable bed settee in the lounge.
Special Interest Holidays:
- We offer a catering service and during your visit, if at any time you don't fancy cooking and don't want to go out, I can arrange to have delicious precooked meals which only need heating, delivered to the cottage.
- The cottage is surrounded by a large mainly contained garden. Beyond the garden, the grounds are a wildlife lovers delight and include a small lake* overlooking the sea which attracts many water birds and insects. *Care should be taken especially with young children as the lake is very deep in places.
- The cottage sits above Pwllcrochan Bay, 1/2 mile from the nearest house and is 200 yards from the main Pembrokeshire Coastal Path.
- Pwllcrochan Bay has an extremely private beach, access is down a rockface but there is a rope to help you, not as bad as it sounds, and although at high tide the beach is covered, once the tide has dropped a beautiful sandy beach is exposed. For those perhaps not so brave there are a number of other beautiful coves and beaches nearby.
- Vehicular access to the cottage is off a quiet lane via a track around the edge of a field.
- Things to do locally include walking the wonderful coastal paths, golf, game, sea and course fishing, horse riding and excellent surfing at many local beaches including Pwllcrochan or alternatively the world famous Newgale Beach is only about 12 miles away.
- During your stay at the cottage I can offer a number of carefully organised fishing experiences including fly fishing for wild brown trout, salmon and the elusive seatrout, or the fast-growing sport of lure and fly-fishing for sea bass in the river estuary as well as sea fishing from a boat and not forgetting course fishing on a beautiful lake complex. This can include being guided or if you wish fishing on your own. I can also arrange trout fishing on Llysyfran reservoir again guided if required. Please ask if you would like more information.
- I can also offer to arrange day and half day courses in coasteering and kayaking.
Please look at my website (click on website link above) for more information.