6 Beach Road,
Sleeps: 1 - 5.
Price range: £375 - £635 pw.
Short breaks £75 - £90 per night.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Lindsey Wardle
Tel: 01561 361901 or 07905 320353
Reload this mapCosy, comfortable, WiFi, dogs welcome. Excellent pub food 5 mins away. This deceptively spacious beach front cottage is ideal, both for a couple wanting a quiet and relaxing break, and a fun base for a family holiday. This former fisherman's cottage has recently been re-furbished to a high standard and and is very well equipped. Situated in the picturesque fishing village of Johnshaven, on the East coast of Scotland, between Aberdeen and Dundee, the cottage provides an ideal base for relaxing and also exploring the North-East coast and nearby Royal Deeside.
- All accommodation is on the ground floor.
- Heating is provided by oil-fired central heating, a coal fire and an electric stove. All oil, electricity and linen is included in the price.
- The bright dining-kitchen is fully equipped, with a fan oven cooker, washer/dryer, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and a microwave.
- A fire blanket and smoke alarm are also included. (As are flasks, torch, portable barbecue, small fan heater and hot water bottles.) (Hopefully we have thought of everything! Let us know if we haven't!).
- The good sized lounge overlooks the beach and the view from the window provides constantly changing sea-scapes as you enjoy the comfort of two large 3 seater settees, set in front of a cosy coal fire.
- You can relax further in this room with TV, DVD Player, VIDEO and CD Music system.
- WiFi available.
- A charming double bedroom overlooking the garden, provides a comfortable and restful environment.
- The second bedroom enjoys a beach view and is furnished with two single beds and an Ikea single sofa bed with comfortable mattress. This spacious room can also double as an ideal play area.
- The bright bathroom has toilet, washbasin and an electric shower over the bath. Towels are provided free of charge.
Places of interest in the area include:
- Garden chairs are stored in the front Porch and can be used in the front garden area, to sit and have a cup of tea or glass of wine and watch for passing Dolphins.
- The large enclosed back garden provides a safe and secure area for small children. The local park backs onto the garden wall.
- Garden table and chairs outside the back door are ideal for a lazy breakfast or a family barbecue in the evening.
- The grassy area to the front belongs to the cottage and slopes onto the beach, where you can again watch for Dolphins or collect pebbles and shells.
- A walk along the beach following the Coastal Trail takes you North to the little fishing village of Gourdon or south to the award winning sandy beach at St Cyrus.
- There are two pubs in the village, one providing light meals. There are many good restaurants in the area.
Dunnotar Castle Stonehaven.
Glamis Castle (Queen Mother's birthplace).
House of Dun (National Trust).
Grassic Gibbon Centre.
Birdwatching at Montrose Wild Life Centre.
See Puffins at nearby Crawton Cliffs (at the right time of the year).
St Cyrus's sandy, award winning beach.
Walking in the Angus Glens.
Shopping in Aberdeen and Dundee.
Not forgetting the Whisky Trail, The Heritage Trail and The Castle Trail.
Leaflets on these and many more are available in the cottage. Local maps are also provided and marked with places of interest.