PLUM TREE COTTAGE
Sleeps: 2 + cot.
STB: 3 Stars
Weekends from £160.
Low-Mid season £250 - £350 pw.
High season £360 - £440 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01573 225028
Mob: 07789 220468
Tel: 0844 409 9521
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapPlum Tree Cottage, a barn conversion, is a perfect place for a quiet escape to a pretty part of the Scottish Borders. It is on an organic farm surrounded by rolling hills and the River Eden, which meanders for two miles to the mouth of the Tweed. Kelso with its lovely shops, Abbey and Floors Castle is just three miles..
25 Mar, 1 Apr, 8 Apr, 15 Apr, 22 Apr
One field away is the River Eden which is a tributary of the River Tweed. The Eden is fenced off with no stock permitted to graze therefore encouraging a great variety of wildlife like kingfishers, owls, families of otters, heron, fieldmice, deer and much more. Along the river is a hectare of wild flower meadow and sunflowers.
Photo below: Luxury l'occitane bubbles and soap in the bath room
Plum Tree Cottage is a cottage for 2 people. The spiral stairs lead to the kingsize bed with french windows and a small balcony. Lie in bed and enjoy the view and the huge starry sky. (We also have ground level cottages).
Downstairs is a bathroom with bath and over bath shower, a well equipped galley kitchen with table and chairs and a small sitting room with another set of french windows leading out to the new patio (completed April 2014) and private, sunny and sheltered wildflower garden with cascading roses, bbq and comfortable garden chairs and beautiful views.
Enjoy the freedom of wandering around Cliftonhill Farm and along the River Eden and enjoy our barn owls, kingfisher, otter and deer. Stroll into Kelso, a wonderful market town described by Sir Walter Scott as 'The most beautiful, if not the most romantic town in Scotland'. It has a glorious setting, nestling in the Cheviots, with the River Tweed sweeping round the backs of pretty Georgian cottages and the unusual octagonal parish church. The 18th century cobbled square and handsome townhouses give Kelso the elegant air of a French market town.
Photo: Tennis court
- Bed prepared with lovely linen.
- Fluffy towels.
- Central heating.
- Wood burner and logs free of charge.
- Full double glazing.
- Large screen TV with sky TV including the sports package.
- DVD, dock station, clock radio.
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer.
- Outside utility room with shared use of washing machine and tumble drier, iron and board and outdoor washing line.
- Cot and high chair on request.
- Tennis court 'with a view' all weather, coaching available.
- Farm Walks, wild flower meadow, fishing, off road parking.
- Post Office, restaurant, small park, church in village.
- Short breaks welcome.
- Booking on line and availability search.
- Open all year.
- All weather tennis court (no charge for playing but coaching can be arranged at £20 per hour).
Cliftonhill Farm is an organic farm. There are seasonal vegetables including asparagus, potatoes, spinach, leeks, onions, tomatoes and herbs. Also strawberries, raspberries and blackcurrants. Also free range eggs. There are also assorted plants which make lovely presents.