PEN Y BANC
Pen Y Banc,
Sleeps: 2 - 4 (+ small child).
No charge for well-behaved dogs.
Price range: £300 - £550 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01490 460592 (best number)
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapPen Y Banc Holiday Cottage is detached with enclosed private gardens to front and rear. It is lovely, cosy, comfortable, homely and relaxing. It retains many original features but has double-glazing and central heating. The Cottage is in the small Hamlet of Sarnau, just off the A494 the main road to Bala and its famous natural lake. Accessible no matter what the weather conditions are.
1 Aug, 22 Aug
Sarnau lies on the central edge of Snowdonia National Park to the north and east and to the Berwyn Mountains to the south and east on one side of the River Dee Valley. On the other side of the Valley and to the east lie the Llantysillio Hill Range and the Clwydian Hill Range and the Vale of Clwyd, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This area is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful parts of Wales and infact the UK. The River Dee travels through the Valley toward Llangollen with its Heritage Steam Railway, Canal, Hill Fort and International Music Festival.
An extension of the railway from Carrog, presently the end of the line to Corwen following the River and the A5 toward Bala opens on March 1st 2015. As the River Dee travels through Llangollen, it passes under the Pontcyysylite Aqueduct, a World Heritage site. To the north east of Sarnau, lies the wild land of 'Hirithrog', where Brenig and Alwyn reservoirs lie. There are family friendly Bike trails, Visitors Centre, Cafe and Bike Hire and Fishing, with boat hire, sailing and exploring the moorland and forests of Denbigh Moor.
Accommodation and Facilities:
Pen Y Banc, like its sister Cottage of Cross Keys only 2.5 miles away over the Valley, are wonderful bases from which to explore, this part of North Wales and Mid Wales, Snowdonia National Park, Coastland, Lakes, Hills and Mountains. There are endless activities suiting all ages and groups and those seeking different thrills. The latest Adrenaline thumping activity is Zip World in the old Penrhyn Quarry Bethesda. In the north of Snowdonia National Park at the moment is the longest Zip Wire in Europe. For the ones less brave, try the little Zip. You must ring before though, it is very dependent on Wind and Weather.
This lovely Country Cottage Holiday Cottage has:
- Fitted kitchen with full size Electric Oven, Gas Hob, Washing Machine, Fridge with Ice Box. Microwave. Very well equipped throughout.
- Dining room, Multi fuel Stove, Rocking Chair, Table can seat 6 if you have guests.
- Living room, Gas Cast Iron Stove, TV Free Sat, DVD, Video machine, Music Centre.
- Two large bedrooms a king and a double bed. The king bed has a Tempur mattress.
- A cot and High Chair can be provided at no additional cost to you.
- The bathroom has an Electric Shower over the bath and a shaver point.
- Central Heating. MultiFuel Stove in Dining Room Gas Stove in Living Room.
- Initial supply of logs, kindling and coal are provided in both cottages.
- Traditionally furnished to suit age of cottage. about 200 years old.
- Spotlessly clean, I do it myself.
- Quality bed linen and towels provided for all guests.
- Stacks of Books, Games and Videos for all ages, Maps and Torches.
- Picnic set and Flasks.
- Kitchen and bathroom disposable items provided e.g. Kitchen Towel, foil, cling film, food bags, Washing Powder and Washing up liquid, condiments, matches, 2 Toilet Rolls.
- Tea, Coffee, Milk and basic condiments always provided. In fact the cottage is very well equipped just like a home.
- For more information and pictures look at my web site please.
- There are no additional or hidden costs and no booking fee.
- Walks directly to the hills from the front door.
- Parking to the side of the cottage.
- Bike Storage, Motorbikes can also be bought under cover if required.
- Pet dogs welcome at no cost but they must follow the same rules as my own, ie: Not on the furniture and not upstairs.
- If you are in the area I am happy to show you around. Give me a call on my home number. They are open all year and Short Breaks are available. The price for the cottage is fully inclusive and there are no hidden extra costs.