THE PEEDIE HOUSE
Gerraquoy Organic Farm,
St. Margaret's Hope,
Sorry no pets.
Visit Scotland: 4 Star.
April - October: £350 - £375 pw.
For further details please contact:
Steve and Sarah Sankey
Tel: 01856 831240
Reload this mapThe Peedie House is part of Gerraquoy Organic Farm and comprises a traditional Orcadian stone barn that has been converted into self-catering accommodation for 2 persons. It is only 800 metres from the sea and nearby beach and commands a superb view over Grimness Head and the RSPB island nature reserve of Copinsay, which may be enjoyed whilst relaxing in the large conservatory.
- It has been converted to enable full disabled access, and a cot is available for couples with young families.
- GOLD standard award from the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
- All electricity used in the property is guaranteed 100% renewable.
- Electric car chargepoint available.
- Electric car - Renault Zoe - available for hire at competitive rates.
The Peedie House has been designed and constructed to the highest green tourism standards, to include:
As an integral part of our Orcadian Wildlife (see our website - click link) and Gerraquoy Organic Farm businesses we are also pleased to offer:
- Full disabled access provision.
- Solar powered water heating, full roof and wall insulation, and under-floor heating.
- Large conservatory, double bedroom, bathroom with shower and 1st class kitchen facilities.
- Walkers and cyclists welcome.
- Excellent knowledge of Orkney's wildlife and 5,000 year old neolithic sites.
- Day or half-day tours with Orcadian Wildlife at preferential rates.
- Organic beef for sale produced on the farm from our small herd of native Shetland cattle.
- (Very!) free-range eggs produced on the farm by our chickens.
Please telephone Steve or Sarah Sankey on 01856 831240 to enquire or book.