Sleeps: 6 +cot.
Pets by arrangement.
Price range: £450 - £500 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01299 403137 or 07785 367123
Painsmore Cottage, which has been in my family for many years, is a Grade II Listed Building dating from the early 17th Century. It has recently been refurbished to a high standard, while still retaining many of its original features and 'olde worlde' character.
Approached via a long, private drive, it lies next to the River Severn from where the trains of the Severn Valley Railway can be seen steaming along the opposite river bank. It is less than 1 mile by road from Bewdley and you can walk along the river bank to the town in about 10-15 minutes.
I take great pride in the large 'cottage garden' which allows you to relax in peace, sunbathe, enjoy a barbecue or just watch the birds that seem to love the garden. You can enjoy the quiet, secluded atmosphere of the Cottage but can also easily get to the many places of interest nearby. For fishing enthusiasts, the river just next to the Cottage provides good, (predominantly) barbel fishing which is free for our visitors. For outdoor enthusiasts, there are many walking and cycling opportunities around the area.
- Lounge: It has seating for 5-6 persons and has a 32 inch flat screen TV (with Freeview) and DVD player. It has a wood-burning stove and there is a selection of books in the book case for your entertainment.
- Dining Room: The dining table can seat 6 persons and also has 2 easy chairs. There is a stereo CD/cassette/radio player. It has a wood-burning stove in a large ingle-nook fireplace. There is a selection of tourist guides and information leaflets to help you decide what to do.
- Hall: With storage cupboard under the stairs for ironing board, vacuum cleaner, garden furniture cushions, etc.
- Downstairs toilet/ utility room: Accessed through the lounge. Has toilet and wash hand basin and also an automatic washing machine.
- Kitchen: With electric cooker and ceramic hob, microwave cooker, kettle, toaster, food processor and large fridge freezer. It is fully equipped for all your cooking needs.
- Back Porch: This leads off from the Kitchen. You can put wet gear in here to dry and also store 'dirty' shoes and boots. This leads out to the garden.
- Main bedroom: With double bed.
- Two other bedrooms: Each with twin beds; one of these bedrooms leads off from the other (i.e. you have to go through one to get to the other). Note: one of the bedrooms has a sloping ceiling which restricts the headroom space in half of the room - children seem to love this room!
- Bathroom: With large shower cubicle (with electric shower), toilet and wash basin, underfloor electric heating, electric wall heater, shaver socket, heated towel rail. There is no bath.
- Landing: With large wardrobe for storage. Spare blankets in the top of this wardrobe are available for use if it starts to get cold.
- Parking: for 3 cars.
- Garden: with lawn, flower borders and many shrubs/ trees. There are bird feeders in the garden to enable you to watch close up the many bird species that come to the Cottage. The garden also has a patio table with umbrella and chairs; deck chairs are available for you to lie out in the sun.
THINGS TO DO
- Heating: by electric panel heaters or convector heaters with option to use woodburning stoves in the dining room and lounge. The bathroom has electric underfloor heating.
- Electricity payable on basis of meter readings taken at start and end of stay - it is not a coin meter.
- Linen hire (bed linen and towels) available.
- Free cot available.
- FREE FISHING available for four people (on nearby Kidderminster and District Angling Association (KDAA) waters, including those belonging to me). There are four complimentary tickets available during your stay at the Cottage. Please note that there may be restrictions on fishing our water during match times (usually Saturdays and sometimes Wednesdays) and during the Bewdley Angling Festival (usually last week in July).
- Weekly bookings only - with Saturday change-over.
- It is maintained by the owner and totally cleaned before each letting.
Besides relaxing at the Cottage, fishing or getting some fresh air and exercise in the nearby Wyre Forest, you can:
- Explore the Georgian town of Bewdley with all its history, a great Museum and many eating and drinking establishments.
- Go steaming on the Severn Valley Railway, from nearby Bewdley station.
- Go hunting at the West Midlands Safari Park, 3 miles away.
- Visit interesting towns such as Ludlow, Tenbury Wells, Worcester, Stratford on Avon, Hereford.
- Check out historic houses such as Witley Court and Gardens, Harvington Hall, Berrington Hall, Wightwick Manor and Gardens.
- Take a day trip to Birmingham for some retail therapy or to visit the wide range of visitor attractions in this city which is re-inventing itself.
- You will be spoilt for choice for things to do!