Sleeps 1 to 4 in family bedroom.
Sorry no pets.
Visit Britain: 4 stars.
Price range: £350 - £550 pw.
Short breaks available.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01371 820271
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapOriginally part of a Victorian Cattle yard, this exceptional ground level cottage has been lovingly converted to a very high standard, it has vaulted ceilings, exposed beams, tiled floors, oak internal doors, soft subtle colours have been used for the decor and furnishings.
- The Lodge is situated in peaceful North West Essex on the family run arable farm in the village of Felsted with its well known private school founded by Lord Rich in 1564 of nearby Leez Priory.
- The cottage provides a secluded and tranquil retreat it is set down a private drive at Bannister Green, a mile and a half from the centre of the village of Felsted, there are several public houses, shops and restaurants in and around the village.
- The Lodge is convenient for access to Stansted Airport, Cambridge, Duxford, Saffron Walden, London and the coasts of Essex and Suffolk either by car or train from Chelmsford or Braintree.
- The lodge is a self contained one bed roomed cottage with a large open plan lounge and dining room with a log burning stove, a fully fitted kitchen, a bathroom with bath and separate shower.
- The spacious family bedroom sleeps 1 to 4 people in a king-sized double bed and two single beds.
- Outside there is ample parking a garden and courtyard.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT, linen, towels, heating including fire wood and wireless broadband.
- North Essex is an ideal area for cycling, walking, bird watching and exploring the many picturesque villages including Thaxted, Finchingfield, Great Bardfield and Dedham in Constable country.
- There are several National Trust properties nearby including Hatfield Forest, Paycocke's House, Wimpole Hall, and Anglesey Abbey.
- Audley End House and gardens at Saffron Walden and the RHS Gardens at Hyde Hall are just a sample of things to see in the area.
- The Flitch Way, a country park which runs through 15 miles of countryside along the former Bishops Stortford to Braintree railway passes through the farm, this is great for walking and cycling, we can provide secure bicycle storage.
- We have a more extensive list of attractions in literature in the cottage.