THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE
Travel cot available.
Well-behaved dogs welcome.
Low season £500 pw.
High season £600 pw.
Short breaks available.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01539 624732
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe Old School House at Orton combines comfortable family-sized accommodation with a village location and it offers space, great views and tremendous walking and cycling from your doorstep. The owners, the Seed family, live close by in the village.
9 Aug, 16 Aug, 23 Aug
As Orton is only a few minutes from Junctions 38 and 39 of the M6, so it is accessible all year round. The village nestles beneath an impressive limestone scar with fantastic views across to the Howgills. The North Pennines, Lake District and Yorkshire Dales are all within easy reach as are the market towns of Penrith, Kirkby Stephen and Appleby-in-Westmorland, the scenic Settle to Carlisle railway line and several National Trust and English Heritage properties.
The Old School House is a member of Nurture Eden.
- The house sleeps six people with plenty of storage and space.
- There are two ground floor bedrooms (one twin, one double), a shower room and laundry facilities and then a first floor twin bedroom, bathroom, well-equipped kitchen and a large lounge/dining room with open fire.
- Guests are welcome to use the fenced yard and small garden area and there is secure storage for bikes as well as plenty of parking on the drive and off road in front of the house.
- We try to include as much as possible so that there are no hidden extras.
- The house is centrally heated throughout - oil fuel included - and logs and coal are provided for the open fire.
- Bed linen and plenty of towels are also included.
- Laundry and drying facilities are available for you to use if needed.
- Old School House now has WiFi available.
Orton is fortunate still to have a well-stocked Village Shop and PO as well as a pub, two cafes, a craft gallery and one of the best Farmers' Markets in the country (second Saturday of each month). It is on a rural bus route between Kendal and Penrith.