ORCHARD COTTAGE HOLIDAYS
Highground Orchards, Highground Lane,
Barnham, West Sussex, PO22 0BT
4 units each sleeping 4.
Sorry no pets.
Tourist Board: 4 Stars.
Price range: £400 - £850 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01243 558536 or 07966 223614
Reload this mapPurpose built holiday cottages in a semi-rural setting on the edge of the village of Barnham. These lovely cottages were architect designed to match the traditional Sussex flint cottages in the area. They were built in 2011/12 to the highest specification and each cottage will provide luxury accommodation for 1 - 4 people.
Orchard Cottage Holidays
- Bramley and Pippin Cottage are a pair of beautifully built semi detached cottages built in 2009.
- Russett Cottage (2 photos below) and Crabapple Cottage are detached cottages on the same site, Russett was built in 2011 and Crabapple in 2012.
- The cottages are in a very peaceful, semi-rural setting on the edge of the village of Barnham.
The land that is now Highground Orchards was originally part of "Barnham Nurseries" - a large and well-known supplier of horticultural product to Victorian London. With the arrival of the railway in 1860, Barnham had a direct rail link to London, and a cattle market was established with cattle sold and moved to London by rail. The empty cattle-wagons were pressed into service on the return journey, bringing stable manure out of the capital and back down to Sussex for disposal on the local fields. The effect of this was to greatly boost the productivity of the land, and intensive horticulture soon became established in the area, with fresh produce also making the trip to London by rail.Location
- The cottages were architect designed to match the traditional Sussex flint cottages in the area. They were built to the highest specification and each cottage will provide luxury accommodation for 1 - 4 people.
- The cottages are approached down a quiet lane and accessed over a private drive to an ample car park adjacent to the properties.
- The cottages look out over a rural meadow, with distant views of the South Coast and the South Downs.
- Each has its own lawned garden. There is a communal shed with a numbered lock if you wish to bring bicycles.
The layout of the cottages are very similar:
- Each have an entrance porch with stable doors, the doors are operated by numbered locks operated by a key code.
- An open plan sitting-eating-kitchen area.
- A large Edwardian style glass conservatory facing the garden.
- A private and secure garden.
- A downstairs double bedroom and en suite wet-room with power shower.
- Russett does not have a wet room but a luxurious stand free shower.
- An upstairs twin bedroom and private bathroom with bath.
- Plenty of cupboards and storage room for guests.
- The downstairs of the cottages are finished in ceramic stone tiles. The upstairs is finished in laminated timber. Russett is carpeted, the only rooms not carpeted are the conservatory, bathrooms and kitchen - these are finished in ceramic stone.
- There is oil-fired, thermostatically controlled radiator central heating throughout, with under-floor heating in the conservatory. Hot water is partly provided by solar heating, (Bramley and Pippin only). Russett and Crabapple do not have solar heating.
- Secure wireless internet access throughout each property.
- Travel cots and high chairs can be provided by arrangement.
Comprehensively equipped, including washing machine/dryer, gas cooker, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster etc.
Breakfast bar with stools as well as dining table with 4 chairs, (Bramley and Pippin). Russett and Crabapple have a round dining table to seat four but can be expanded to seat 6.
Flat screen TV/DVD with Freeview.
Downstairs is set up with a 6' foot double bed and upstairs has two singles.
Heated towel rail and electric shaver point.
Paved patio with garden furniture and rotary clothes line.
There is a communal secure shed with a numbered lock for storage of bicycles if you wish to bring your bikes. Please let us know on booking if you wish to do so.