Sorry no pets.
Strictly no smokers.
Prices: from £240 pw.
Flexible start day.
Short stays welcome from £150.
See 52wk calendar for details of availability and price.
For further details please contact:
John Turney or Jan Herraty
Tel: 01547 530470 or 07852616119
Reload this mapThis cosy, peaceful haven for two is situated on a rural smallholding, with easy road access.
Orchard Cottage is beautifully converted from a former blacksmith's forge, evidence of which can be seen in the oak beams.
- The comfortable, beamed lounge has a woodburner, unlimited WiFi and satellite TV. Views over garden and countryside.
- One bedroom with king size bed and views of garden.
- Kitchen area has 4-ring gas hob and full size electric oven, microwave and fridge with small freezer compartment.
- The bathroom with bath and shower over has underfloor heating and a heated towel rail.
- Externally there is a pretty cottage garden with attractive private sitting and dining areas and tranquil views of South Shropshire's rolling hills.
- Off-road parking and bicycle store are adjacent to the cottage.
- Ground floor, with one step into the cottage and one step up to the bath.
- Washing machine available.
- In order to maintain the freshness of the cottage and garden, and in the interest of our non smoking visitors we do not accept bookings from smokers.
- Excellent 5 Kw wood burner using all wood (supplied free) harvested here, electric heaters, underfloor heating in the bathroom. No central heating but easy to keep warm and cosy.
- All wood, gas, electricity, linen & towels are included.
- Solar panel water heating with immersion backup.
- Local information, maps and books, also games and novels.
- Surrounded by the Shropshire hills, country lanes and peaceful countryside anytime of the year is beautiful.
- The perfect location for the Border country - on the edge of Shropshire, Herefordshire and Wales, near Offas Dyke, National Trust properties and the Ironbridge Gorge museums.
- Orchard Cottage is conveniently situated between Ludlow and Bishop's Castle 10 miles from each and 7 miles from Clun and Knighton with Stokesay castle just 5 miles away, and Hopton Castle a 1.5 mile walk along country lanes.
- Ludlow with its unique culture, food, and festivals is a few minutes drive.
- Activities in the area include walking, golf, cycling, mountain bikes, horse riding, the Secret Hills centre, Acton Scott Victorian Working Farm, birdwatching and lots more.
- Mortimer country and the black and white villages of Herefordshire are within easy reach.
- Hopton Heath station, a "request stop" on the scenic Heart of Wales line, is handy for exploring but with just 4 trains a day each way you won't hear it.
- Nearest pub, shop, butcher, chip shop, PO and garage are in Leintwardine, 3 miles away.
- Shopping, farmers markets, specialist suppliers can be found in Ludlow (10 miles), Shrewsbury, Craven Arms, Bishops Castle and Knighton.