Old Lyme Road,
Sorry no pets.
Low season £250 - £350 pw.
High season £350 - £645 pw.
Lettings are Saturday to Saturday.
For further details please contact:
Richard and Tricia Royston
Reload this mapOne Downside is a semi-detached cottage with fine views of Lyme Bay, Portland and the World Heritage Coast. It is an ideal family holiday home with comfortable accommodation for a family of four.
- The village of Charmouth is situated on the Jurassic Coast, a World Heritage Site. The beach is gently sloping, with wide, sandy flats and pools at low tide. It is renowned for fossil hunting and the Charmouth Heritage Coast Centre regularly leads fossil hunting walks for all ages.
- Charmouth is located about two miles from the historic town of Lyme Regis and about six miles from the market towns of Axminster and Bridport. Although small itself, Charmouth has good village shops, pubs, and restaurants.
- The cottage is situated in a quiet area a few minutes' walk down to the village centre. It is about a ten-minute walk down to the beach (longer uphill!). There are many beautiful coastal and country walks from the cottage.
- Parking is easy. There is plentiful, free parking adjacent to the cottage and also off-street space for one car.
Open plan living area:
- Comfortable sitting area with plentiful seating and TV/DVD player, video.
- Dining area with French doors to garden.
- Kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
- All with fine views to sea and hills.
- Bedroom 1, with twin beds, is approximately 3m x 4m (10 x 13 ft) and includes wardrobe, dresser, bedside table, desk and chair.
- Bedroom 2, with full size bunk beds, is 3m x 3m (10 x 10 ft) and includes wardrobe, dresser, bookcase and chair.
- The Bathroom has a corner bath with shower over and WC.
- Separate WC.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Cloakroom for coats & boots, and cupboard with beach toys.
- Small room with table, off entryway, is used to store board games and puzzles.
All on one floor - 2/3 steps to bedrooms.
- Small private garden with table and chairs for outdoor dining.
- Large lawned garden to rear.
- Both gardens have sea and country views.
Included in price:
- Gas-fired central heating, electricity.
- Duvets, linen and towels.