Old Town Farm,
Pets by arrangement.
Massage is available.
Price range £375 - £650 pw.
Old Town Farm Cottage, sleeping 2 (+2).
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01830 520229
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapConverted Granary with stunning views over open countryside and a lovely large, private garden. Set on a working farm within the newly designated Northumberland and Kielder Dark Skies Park. Great location for a family holiday or get-together with friends. Hadrian's Wall, the Cheviot Hills and Alnwick Castle are easily reached and a wide range of activities are available including mountain biking; horse riding; fishing and golf.
26 Apr, 10 May, 17 May
The Granary is located at Old Town Farm, 1 mile south of Otterburn and only 15 miles from the Scottish Border. It has recently been converted from a working farm building into a warm and cosy dwelling with open beams, log burning stove, fabulous garden room (used as a bedroom) and quirky 'upside down' layout that takes full advantage of the views. Walking trails are on the doorstep and a 1 mile stretch of fishing is available by arrangement. Kate, the cottage owner, is a massage therapist with her own treatment room conveniently located on the farm!
- large double bedroom with ensuite shower
- twin/double bedroom with private bathroom
- fabulous twin/double garden room with ensuite shower
- cosy, beamed sitting room with log burning stove, tv, books and games
- well equipped, modern kitchen/dining room with sitting area
- utility room - perfect for dogs
- large, private garden with shallow pond and decking area for barbecues and star gazing!
Otterburn village is only 1 mile away and has an excellent foodstore with newspapers etc. Otterburn Mill has an outdoor/leisure retail outlet and coffee shop and there are plenty of pubs serving good quality meals in nearby villages. Bellingham is only 8 miles away with a wider range of local shops and a petrol station.
Local attractions include:
Doorstep activities include:
- Hadrians Wall;
- Alnwick Castle and gardens;
- Northumberland's heritage coast with beautiful quiet sandy beaches and numerous castle's including Bamburgh, Dunstanburgh and Warkworth;
- Heritage properties: Wallington Hall, Floors Castle, Cragside Estate, Melrose Abbey;
- Newcastle is only 35 miles and Edinburgh a 2 hour drive;
- Walking in the Northumberland National Park and Cheviot Hills
- Mountain biking and watersports at Kielder Water and Forest Park
- Golf at the 18 hole course in Bellingham
- Star gazing at Kielder Observatory.