OLD TOWN FARM COTTAGE
Old Town Farm,
Sleeps: 2 (+2).
Travel cot available.
On-site fishing (one rod free).
Low season £240 pw.
High season £325 - £400 pw.
Special Offer 'Banish the Winter Blues' - Winter weekend break (3 nights between nov-march) in this cosy cottage is £195 and includes Hot Stone back massage and supply of logs for the stove.
Secure online booking is available (see owners website).
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01830 520229 or 07742 520408
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapTraditional stone cottage, recently undergone modernisation, set on a working farm in the heart of Northumberland. Perfect for a tranquil country holiday but with many of the County's finest tourist attractions under 1hr away. Closer to home, enjoy fabulous walks, on-site massage and fishing on the river Rede (1 rod free of charge) or simply curl up with a good book in front of the log burning stove!
Old Town Farm is located 1 mile south of Otterburn in the Rede Valley, home to the infamous Border Reivers in centuries gone by. Otterburn is better known nowadays for its Woollen Mill and welcoming hotel bars and restaurants. The village shop is well stocked and nearby Bellingham has a traditional butcher, baker and Co-op. Or, by arrangement, try catching your own supper on the river Rede, a short walk across the farm fields.
- Securely fenced, private garden for 2 well behaved dogs (no extra charge).
- Internet access.
- Fishing available (1 rod free of charge).
- On-site massage available (click on owners website).
- double bedroom with kingsize bed;
- bathroom with shower over bath;
- single room with bed and chair bed suitable for children;
- modern kitchen with dining area;
- and large sitting room with exposed beams, large sofas and inglenook fireplace with log burning stove.
- Books and games, tv with sky freeview.
- Private, securely fenced garden with barbecue, furniture and storage for bikes.
- Old Town Cottage is warm and cosy with oil central heating and double glazing. Extra logs are available for purchase for the log burner (first load free).
- Rede valley is wonderfully remote yet enjoys easy, and surprisingly quick, access to many parts of Northumberland and Scottish borders via the A68 and A696.
- For outdoor lovers there are local walks in the Northumberland National Park and the Cheviot hills.
- Cycle routes pass nearby and Kielder Water and Forest Park has a wide range of tracks for both leisurely and serious mountain bikers. Cycle hire available in Bellingham and Kielder.
- A golf course and swimming pool are only 8 miles away in Bellingham.
- Popular tourist attractions within a 40min drive include Hadrians Wall, National Trust properties, fabulous castles, abbeys and market towns in the Scottish Borders and within 1hr you can be strolling along a beach on the Northumberland Heritage Coast or taking a boat out to visit the puffins and seals on the Farne Islands.
- Edinburgh is a day trip away and for an exciting nightlife or shopping experience, Newcastle is only 35miles.