NICHE, NOOK & CRANNY COTTAGES
East Devon / Dorset border
Photo: Nook & Cranny Cottages
Niche sleeps 5 (2 bedrooms).
Nook sleeps 2 (1 bedroom).
Cranny sleeps 2 + child (1 bedroom).
Sorry no pets.
Tourist Board: 4 Stars.
Low season £230 pw.
High season £645 pw.
For further details please contact:
John and Kathy Brennan
Tel and Fax: 01297 35982
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapPhotos below:
20 Dec, 27 Dec, 3 Jan, 10 Jan, 17 Jan, 24 Jan
1) Interior of Cranny Cottage, and 2) the orchard from the terrace.
Niche, Nook & Cranny Cottages have been tastefully and sympathetically converted from 18th century traditional flint barns and rightly justify their 4 star rating; incorporating as they do a wealth of original features combined with modern luxury and convenience. All the cottages have been modernised, furnished and equipped to a high standard of comfort whilst maintaining their historic character and charm.
1) The lane leading to the cottages, and 2) Nook Cottage from the garden.
These delightful cottages overlook their own beautiful gardens and orchard and enjoy glorious views across meadows and farmland to the Axe Valley beyond. Each cottage has its own private patio and seating area and designated parking space.
- Niche Cottage was restored and converted, in early 2006, by craftsmen dedicated to maintaining their traditional skills and has been sympathetically and imaginatively designed. To make the most of the building and the glorious views, the cottage has been turned 'upside down' with the bedrooms and bathroom downstairs and the open plan lounge/dining room and kitchen area running the length of the building upstairs, all nestling under a vaulted and oak beamed roof. Central heating makes the cottage warm and comfortable even on the coldest of nights.
- Niche Cottage (photo on right) has two bedrooms, one equipped with a double bed and child's bed, the other equipped with single beds, it has a shower room furnished with walk-in corner shower, hand basin and WC.
- Nook and Cranny were converted in 1997 and each have one bedroom: Nook Cottage is equipped with a double bed and Cranny Cottage with twin single beds. It can also accommodate a child's bed or cot. Both cottages have an entrance porch leading into an attractive, open plan lounge/dining room equipped with a modern fitted kitchen.
- A short flight of stairs leads to a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom furnished with hand basin, WC and shower over bath.
- All 3 cottages are well equipped with a cooker, fridge, microwave, TV, CD, radio and cassette player along with a variety of games and books. WiFi provided.
- All linen and towels are provided.
- A laundry room is available for guests' use.
Photo: The view from Niche Cottage lounge window.
- Guests are welcome to explore the 5 acres of gardens, orchard, fields and woodland surrounding the cottages.
- Kilmington is a picturesque village boasting a beautiful church, two thatched pubs, a village store and post office as well as a farm shop selling delicious local produce as well as specialist French delicacies. A public tennis court and children's playground are both within 100yds.
- The town of Axminster, world famous for its carpet manufacturing, is just two miles away and hosts a variety of shops, banks & building societies as well as a modern swimming pool and gym.
- The towns of Lyme Regis and Seaton and the 'Jurassic Coastline', recently designated a 'World Heritage Site', are just 5 miles away.
- For many the areas of East Devon and West Dorset are an unknown part of the countryside, our visitors are delighted to discover the miles of beautiful countryside ranging from the magnificent rolling hills to the miles of outstanding natural coastline and beaches.
- Cots and highchairs available.
- Please note the cottages are no-smoking areas.
- We do not normally accept pets.
We are determined to offer our guests the holiday they deserve by providing a flexible and friendly service in a quiet and peaceful atmosphere, with comfortable surroundings.
We look forward to welcoming you to Old Symes to experience a memorable and relaxing holiday.