THE OLD STABLES
New Forest National Park,
Travel cot available.
Sorry no pets.
Price range: £395 - £795 pw.
Short breaks available in low season.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01590 682137 or 07720 287145
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe Old Stables is a newly refurbished two-bedroom cottage within a Victorian farmyard in the New Forest National Park. Retaining the best of its agricultural character, The Old Stables now offer a high standard of self-catering accommodation in a peaceful rural setting. The cottage overlooks the Avon Water valley, a haven for birds and wildlife. Guests are welcome to picnic in the meadow field, bordered by the meandering Avon Water, and can also make use of the farm's fishing rights.
20 Dec, 10 Jan
Features and Facilities
- The Old Stables sleeps 4 people with a ground floor double bedroom and adjacent shower room, and a twin bedroom in the old hayloft above.
- The kitchen provides a dishwasher, oven, microwave, fridge and freezer. It connects with the living and dining area, which has a flatscreen freeview television, DVD player, i-pod dock and Wi-fi. There is a second smaller television in the master bedroom.
- To the rear of the property there is a small, enclosed courtyard garden with a table and a barbecue.
- The Roche family live in the main farmhouse and are on hand if you would like any information about the local area, and are happy to introduce visitors to their chickens and pigs.
- For those with small children, there is a travel cot and Phil & Ted's double buggy and babysitting can usually be arranged with prior notice.
- Hire bikes and helmets can be ordered and delivered to the farm and there is lockable storage available for those that wish to bring their own bikes.
- The cottage has two parking spaces and sailors can also be provided with somewhere to park a dinghy and trailer on request.
- The Georgian market town of Lymington is a 5-minute drive away and has numerous shops and restaurants and a thriving Saturday market. Within 10 minutes walk there is also an excellent bar and restaurant, The Mill at Gordleton, with a beautiful riverside garden.
- Linen and towels are provided but guests are asked to bring their own beach towels and baby bedding for the travel cot.