THE OLD STABLES
Travel cot available.
Pets welcome by arrangement.
Tourist Board: 4 star.
Low season £340 - £370 pw.
High season £415 - £495 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01233 840223
Mobile: 07905 611707
Situated in the picturesque village of Pluckley, the filming location for Yorkshire Television's 'Darling Buds of May' series, The Old Stables is a detached 3-bedroom self-catering holiday cottage constructed of Kent ragstone sleeping 5 people. In a courtyard off the village square, the cottage is ideal for a relaxing break and as a base for visiting the many attractions of this part of Kent such as Leeds Castle, Canterbury, the gardens at Sissinghurst and the coast.
- Pluckley is surrounded by beautiful Kent countryside with its charming villages and pubs, and the area can be explored using the many footpaths.
- Village events include a Hog Fair held annually in early July. Halloween, due to Pluckley's reputation as 'the most haunted village in England', attracts many visitors hoping to encounter a ghost or two!
- Cream teas are available Sunday afternoons/Bank Holiday Mondays in summer at St Nicholas' church.
- Sitting room with a digital television (with freeview) and DVD/CD player. Dining area with oak table seating 6.
- Kitchen with fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, gas hob, electric oven.
- Single bedroom.
- Downstairs cloakroom.
- Double bedroom (with TV).
- Twin bedroom.
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Secluded courtyard garden, perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine whilst taking in the lovely views over the Weald of Kent.
- Parking for 2 cars (additional cars can be parked in the village square).
- All bed linens and towels included.
- No smoking.
- Pets by arrangement.
- Village shop/post office/butcher 30m.
- Pub 50m.
- Junction 9 of the M20 10 minutes.
- Direct rail link Pluckley - London Charing Cross (1 hr 15 mins).
Short stays available mid-September until March (excluding Public Holidays).