OLD SMIDDY COTTAGE
Travel cot and high-chair available.
1 dog may be accepted by prior arrangement.
Price range: £180 - £420 pw.
Short breaks min. 3 nights.
Open all year.
Bookings Saturday 4pm to Saturday 10am.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01337 870266 or 07905 699281
Reload this mapOld Smiddy Cottage is set in the heart of the tiny picturesque hamlet of Boarhills off the beaten track but only a 10 minute drive to St Andrews in one direction and Kingsbarns and Crail in the other. It is ideally placed for the golf enthusiast with many top-class courses to choose from. There are country walks all around the area, including the sea-shore with rocky inlets, small sandy areas and the estuary of the Kenly Water, providing attractive habitat for sea-birds, also pleasant secluded peaceful spots for picnics.
Features and Facilities
- 18thC pan-tiled cottage, beamed ceilings, open views.
- Wood-burning stove; air-to-air heat pump.
- St Andrews 4mls, Kingsbarns 3mls, 10mins to Fife Coastal Path.
- Garden with BBQ.
- Sitting-room (TV with DVD); kitchen; double and single bedrooms; bathroom/shower.
- Linen provided.
- Children are welcome but garden is not suitable for toddlers.
- The locality is fascinating from an archaeological point of view, with a Roman wharf, bridge and site of camp; restored doo-cot; site of old palace; all within easy walking distance.
- You will find a lovely beach with parking provision at Kingsbarns adjacent to the world-class golf course.
- The famous town of St Andrews is a mecca for visitors seeking restaurants, interesting shops, Castle, Cathedral and St Regulus ruins, cinema, museums, St Mary's College and University Old Quad, art shops, quaint old fishermen's cottages, harbour, old pier, and colourful students in the occasional traditional red gown.
- Not far off are Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit Mansion, Falkland Royal Palace and Cambo, all with spectacular gardens and grounds.
- Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee, Kirkcaldy, Perth and Stirling are all within easy reach and back in a day.
- Bus. Service to Crail and St Andrews (4 mls) and beyond.
- Train. Leuchars Main-line Station, about half an hour from cottage.
- Airports. Small airport (links to London Stansted) at Dundee. Edinburgh and Glasgow have international airports.