1 OLD MILL COTTAGES
Sleeps: 4 (1 double, 1 twin bedded).
Sorry, no pets and no smoking.
Prices: from £250 pw.
3 night stays are available in low and mid season at 75% of the weekly rental. Extra nights are charged pro rata of the weekly rental.
4 Old Mill Cottages, sleeps 2
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01642 724900
Mob: 07979 628747
Last minute vacancies during weeks:1 Old Mill Cottages is situated in the centre of Rosedale Abbey opposite my other cottage (see pagelink above). It is a delightful Grade II Listed two-bedroomed, centrally heated stone cottage. The cottage has been completely redecorated for 2013 and offers warm, comfortable accommodation.
7 Dec, 14 Dec, 4 Jan, 11 Jan
ACCOMMODATION ON THE GROUND FLOOR:
ACCOMMODATION ON THE FIRST FLOOR:
- Kitchen/Dining Area: Well-equipped open plan split level kitchen and dining area with a range of appliances including electric oven and hob, washer/dryer, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle, cafetierre, iron and ironing board.
- Living room: Light and airy sitting room with wall mounted LED TV, and DVD player.
- Main Bedroom: Double bedroom with freestanding wardrobe and two bedside tables.
- Bathroom: Large bathroom with spacious shower, toilet, washbasin and heated towel rail.
- A narrow staircase leads up to a cosy twin bedded room under the eaves, which boasts exposed timbers dating back 200 years.
NOTES ON ACCOMMODATION:
- Small sunny south facing seating area with outdoor furniture where you can relax and unwind, plus a shared secluded courtyard with private parking.
- Additional folding garden furniture available in the kitchen.
- Rotary airer.
Basic requirements such as toilet rolls, kitchen roll, bin liners and washing up liquid will be left for your use.
As the cottage has a step up into the kitchen it would not really be suitable for anyone with mobility problems.
- All bedlinen provided but please bring own towels and tea towels.
- Towels can be provided at an additional cost for international guests.
- The cottage will have been fully cleaned before guests arrive and it would be appreciated if it is left clean and tidy at the end of the stay.
- Rosedale was once home to a former Cistercian Priory. It lies within the National Park in Ryedale, a designated area of outstanding natural beauty. The area is an excellent centre for walking, horse riding and cycling; with many footpaths and bridleways radiating out in all directions.
- Nearby are the picturesque villages of Lastingham and Hutton-le-Hole, famous for its Folk Museum, the market towns of Helmsley and Pickering; and the charming fishing port of Whitby which offers the usual mix of seaside town attractions. All are less than 20 miles from the cottage.
- There are also many places of historic interest about an hours drive away including Castle Howard - 25 miles, Rievaulx Abbey - 16 miles and the ancient city of York - 36 miles.
- Rosedale Show is held annually in August and is a popular tourist attraction for all the family.
- The village has a general store, where for £1.00 you can access the internet.
- There is a tea-room, a bakery and two pubs which serve food.
- A mobile fish and chip van calls every Friday between 6.45 - 7.15pm.
- There is also a fabulous glass studio with separate viewing gallery.
- 9 hole pitch and putt course.
- 18 hole golf course, 7 miles away at Kirkbymoorside.
- Fishing available in the River Seven.
Notes on Prices:
- Durham Tees Valley Airport is 50 miles.
- Prices are for the property per week and are quoted in UK pounds.
- The rental price includes gas and electricity.
- Please contact the owner for other requirements and price, subject to availabilty.
- Changeover Day: Changeover day is usually Saturday but it may be possible to be flexible 'out of season'. The cottage is available from 4pm on the day of arrival and should be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
- A booking deposit of 25% of the total cost is required at the time of booking.
- The balance is due 8 weeks before the start of the holiday.
- The cancellation policy is as follows:
- Up to 8 weeks - full refund.
- 4-8 weeks 50% refund.
- 2-4 weeks 25% refund.
- Less than 2 weeks no refund.
- Note if the cottage can be re-let then full refunds may be given.