OLD DAIRY COTTAGE
Pets welcome by prior agreement.
Price range £250 - £320 pw.
Short breaks available.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Diane Scaife
Tel: 01852 200208
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThis cosy cottage sleeps two and is situated at the head of Loch Melfort, 15 miles south of Oban. There is an excellent restaurant within walking distance. It is in an area of outstanding natural beauty, teeming with wildlife and with a rich and varied bird population. Seals, otters and porpoise are frequently spotted in the waters of the loch. From the top of the Melfort Hills are some of the most breathtaking views over the Sound of Jura, Firth of Lorn and surrounding islands. This is an excellent base for walking, birdwatching and water activities; or for touring Scotland's impressive west coast. There are numerous attractions within easy reach, including the popular holiday resort of Oban with its regular ferry services to the islands of Mull, Iona, Lismore, Staffa, Islay and many others.
15 Aug, 22 Aug, 29 Aug
Activities in the Loch Melfort Area
- Stairs lead to the entrance on the first floor which has an open plan living / dining room. The well-equipped kitchen includes a full size electric cooker, fridge with icebox and a microwave. The living area is brightly furnished and includes a flat screen digital TV with DVD player, coal-effect electric stove and storage heater.
- There is a balcony giving views of Loch Melfort and the Melfort hills.
- The bedroom is downstairs. It is comfortably furnished with a double bed and is heated by an electric radiator.
- The shower room leads off the bedroom. It has an electric shower, W.C, washbasin and heated towel rail.
- Smoking is not allowed in the cottage.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome by prior arrangement.
- Includes electricity.
- Free WiFi.
- It is possible to park in the drive outside the cottage.
- An excellent restaurant within walking distance.
- Fly fishing in local lochs; permit available from Kilmelford Post Office.
- Horse riding nearby.
- Local bike hire.
- Ideal area for birdwatching, wildlife observation and walking. (No deer stalking here).
- Wildlife safaris on land and water available.
- Many spectacular gardens within easy reach, including the famous National Trust Gardens at Arduaine and Crarae.
- Day trips by boat to nearby islands.
- Historic Kilmartin Glen, renowned for its standing stones and prehistoric sites, is just a short drive away.
- Golf courses at Oban, Balvicar and Lochgilphead.
- 25 minute drive into Oban with ferries to Mull, Iona, Staffa, Lismore, Islay, Coll and many other islands.