THE OLD BLACKSMITHS COTTAGE
Prices £225 - £375 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs P.C. Glass
Tel: 01670 512074
Reload this mapThe Old Blacksmiths Cottage was as the name implies originally a Blacksmiths. The property is stone built and double glazed, built circa 1850 was a Blacksmiths until 1952 when it became a Post Office and Shop. The present owners whose house adjoins the cottage ran this family business from 1988 and later converted it into a spacious one bedroom self-catering accommodation. It has been decorated and furnished to a high standard to make an ideal touring base.
The cottage is situated in the picturesque village of Mitford, which is two miles west of the market town of Morpeth on the B6343. Mitford is surrounded by the rivers Font and Wansbeck and boasts a Castle, Church and Public House. The cottage is ideally situated for walking, cycling and other outdoor pursuits. It is also an excellent touring base for rural Northumberland, the Scottish borders and the Heritage coastline.
The Old Blacksmiths Cottage
- Visit houses and gardens at Cragside, Wallington Hall and Belsay Hall.
- Explore Castles at Alnwick, Bamburgh, Dunstanburgh, Warkworth and for further historical interest visit Beamish Museum and Hadrian's Wall.
- Along the coast walk the miles of unspoilt beaches and visit Holy Island, Farne Island and the fishing villages of Seahouses, Amble and Craster.
- At Kielder reservoir take part in the many outdoor sports or simply enjoy the scenery.
- Local shopping is available in the historic market towns of Morpeth, Hexham, Corbridge and Alnwick. The major shopping centres of the Metro Centre and Newcastle are also within easy reach.
- Living / Dining room - Reclining leather suite, dining table, feature fireplace with simulated electric wood burning stove, coffee table, colour television, video, DVD, CD / radio and convector heater.
- Bedroom - Double bed, storage and convector heater.
- Shower Room - Toilet, electric shower, vanity unit, shaver socket and fan heater.
Laundry Area - Automatic washer, tumble dryer, iron / ironing board and vacuum cleaner.
- Kitchen - Fully fitted with electric cooker, microwave, fridge with freeze box, toaster, electric kettle and coffee machine.
- Off road parking alongside property.
- Welcome pack upon arrival.
- All bed linen & towels included.
- Well-trained dogs welcome (£20 each pw).
- External storage for bikes etc.
- Electricity via coin meter.
- Smoke detectors are fitted in the lounge & bedroom.
- No smoking.