THE OLD POST OFFICE
4 Blantyre Place,
Sleeps: 6 (+ more on folding beds and pullout beds).
Pets by arrangement.
Low season £350 pw.
Mid season £450 pw.
High season £550 pw.
Prices for up to 6 people, £25 per person per week for 7 or more.
For further details please contact:
Tel / Fax: 01309 691728
Reload this mapThe Old Post Office is situated at the harbour in Portknockie, which is an old fishing village on the coast of the Moray Firth. The area around the harbour is a conservation area and features traditional houses in North-South rows. Portknockie was voted 'Best Kept Village' several times in recent years in the 'Scotland in Bloom' competition.
- The village is ideal for clyclists and walkers who can enjoy the coastal walks along the Moray Firth and may be lucky to see the Bottlenose Dolphins. The famous Bow-Fiddle Rock, a wave-cut natural arch often teeming with Gulls and Cormorants, is a short walk from the cottage.
- All around Portknockie you will find various Whisky Trails and Castles to explore, as well as the Marine Aquarium at Macduff, the Scottish Tartan museum in Keith and the world famous Baxter's of Speyside.
- For those interested in golf, there are a number of very good courses nearby. Fishing, sea angling, scuba diving and sailing are all available nearby.
- Amenities within Portknockie include, 2 local hotels, grocers, newsagent, pharmacy, fish and chip shop, and not forgetting the children's sea paddling pool by the harbour.
The Old Post Office has been transformed into a modern, very spacious 3 bedroom house, sleeping 6 - 10 people. The accommodation consists of:
- Large lounge with TV including Sky, DVDs and games, looking directly over the harbour.
- Dining room with table and chairs.
- Eating kitchen with dishwasher, electric cooker, fridge and microwave, overlooking harbour.
- Large shower room with toilet and basin.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Very spacious hall.
- Bedroom 1 overlooks the harbour and has a double bed with a fold out double bed.
- Bedroom 2 has a double bed plus a pull out single bed.
- Bedroom 3 has two single beds with another pull out single bed.
- Family bathroom with separate shower.
The lounge could sleep extra people if required. There is full central heating and parking for two cars at the side of the house. The tariff includes gas, electric, bed linen and towels. No smoking. Pets by arrangement. Baby items in cottage include high chair, travel cot (inc sheets and covers), electric sterilizer, stair gates, and digital baby monitor.