Low season from £285 pw.
Mid season from £300 pw.
High season from £400 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01847 851874
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapOcean View is a lovingly restored, detached traditional croft cottage on a working croft peacefully situated in Brough, near Dunnet Head (photo above), the most northerly point on mainland Britain. Comfortable, homely accommodation with spectacular views of Dunnet Head, the Pentland Firth and the Orkney Isles. Charming period features such as pine panelling, wooden floors, wooden window shutters and a peat burning stove all of which make for a unique Highland holiday experience.
7 Dec, 14 Dec, 4 Jan, 11 Jan
- Ocean View is quietly nestled in its own sheltered garden and surrounded by open fields and moorland beyond, providing the ideal environment for walking, fishing, cycling, surfing, bird watching, visiting sites of historical/archaeological interest or just relaxing by the peat fire.
- Ocean View is fully equipped with all modern conveniences and has a cosy living room with a peat burning stove, comfortable seating and TV/DVD, dining kitchen, large bathroom with shower over bath, 1 double and 1 twin bedded room, large renovated steading with 2 single beds, utility room housing washing machine, Belfast sink, extra toilet and indoor drying area, plus storage space for bikes, surf gear etc. off street parking, large sheltered garden with drying area, garden chairs and table perfect for sitting/eating out and enjoying the amazing views.
- Electricity, heating, bed linen and towels are all included in the price.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
- Caithness is an area of great beauty and contrasts with acres of wilderness, mountains, dramatic cliffs and deserted beaches, but also boasts two bustling towns providing all the facilities a visitor may need.
- Ocean View is perfectly positioned to take advantage of all that Caithness has to offer including Brough Bay which is only a 5 minute walk away with its resident seal colony and various nesting sea birds.
- Dunnet Head is only a 2 min drive, or a pleasant 2 mile walk or cycle away, and has a viewpoint, magnificent cliffs with puffins and also a Stevenson lighthouse.
- The famous village of John O'Groats is 12 miles away and is well worth a visit. Wildlife boat trips and day trips to Orkney are available from there during the Summer months.
- The Castle of Mey is only 6 miles away and is an excellent visitor attraction with both the Castle and gardens being open to the public.
- You may also be lucky and see the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) during your stay. Minimal light pollution and its northerly location make Ocean View an ideal place to see this amazing spectacle during the Winter months.
- Ocean View is the perfect place to escape the stresses and strains of modern day living and fully immerse yourself in this truly stunning, wild yet unspoiled environment.