Sleeps: 2 (+ sofabed).
Low season £150 - £250 pw.
High season £250 - £400 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01246 234132
Fax: 07708 229938
Reload this mapOaker View is wonderful secluded cottage, close to the heart of the Derbyshire village of Darley Bridge, which straddles the River Derwent. This historical building is believed to have been built in 1757 as a farmworkers cottage and has lost none of its natural charm with its exposed beams and substantial Derbyshire stone lintel over the fireplace in the lounge.
- Oaker View has lovely views over the Peak District National Park which can be reached by a footpath, just metres from the front door. You can walk every day along footpaths from this cottage and never see the same place twice.
- Darley Bridge boosts two pubs that both serve food and are within walking distance of the cottage.
- Oaker View is a warm comfortable house with gas fired central heating throughout and so is a comfortable place to stay whatever the weather. The lounge also benefits from a woodburning stove in the fireplace.
- A large and fully fitted kitchen / breakfast room with electric hob and oven, microwave, refrigerator with freezer compartment, dishwasher, filter/espresso coffee maker, washing machine and ironing facilities.
- A spacious lounge with a traditional open heath fireplace housing a woodburning stove for those cold winter evenings. This room is equipped with a Freesat TV and DVD. An occasional bed can be set up in the lounge if a third person wishes to stay.
- A large bedroom with a king sized bed, a dressing table and wardrobe. This bedroom is large enough to accommodate a babys cot or mattress for a small child, which can be supplied if required.
- A large adjoining luxury bathroom with bath, shower, wash basin and toilet.
- All beds are made up for your arrival and towels are also provided for your stay.
- Oaker View has a small courtyard garden to the rear and a large area of lawn off to the side complete with BBQ and garden furniture.
- There is off-street parking for 1 car.