NORTH WALD COTTAGE
Cot available on request.
Pets welcome by arrangement.
Low season: £225 pw.
High season: £375 pw.
We also have a caravan available, please see bottom of page.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Mary Park
Tel: 01856 761702 or 07964 337889 (mobile)
Reload this mapNorth Wald Cottage is a traditional Orkney cottage nestled comfortably in the midst of island farmland. It is about 20 minutes from both Kirkwall and Stromness, the two main towns on Orkney Mainland. The cottage is in a very quiet spot with no passing traffic. The perfect place to get away from it all.
- The view from the windows and porch at the front is a breathtaking mix of pasture and coastline. Enjoy the vista from the Oyce of Isbister and the Bay of Firth, to Enyas and the Gorseness Hills in Rendall. The enclosed garden at the back looks over rolling farmland to the Ward of Redland.
- The shingle shore is an easy 400 metre walk through our fields. You'll be dodging the hares and the Oyster Catchers on the way. At North Wald wildlife abounds! Seals frequent the bay and pup on Wald Taing. Perhaps you will see a hen harrier or short eared owl on the hunt for food. You might enjoy the flight of the swallows that frequently nest in our outbuildings.
- We love children at North Wald! They will enjoy playing on the grass to the front and rear of the cottage. They might like to visit the chickens and ducks or watch the lambs in the surrounding fields. A children's farm, 15 minutes drive away, will keep them interested in all that's going on around them.
- We are open all year round and are visited by people from all walks of life. Anglers enjoy their stays here and besides sea trout fishing in the Oyce they can fish all around the island. Orkney is famous for its Brown Trout fishing. We also host many walkers, birdwatchers, photographers, history seekers and individuals and families in search of some real peace and quiet. We are an oasis of calm in a modern life.
- Dogs are welcome!
- Open plan Sitting/Kitchen/Diner with cooker, fridge, microwave and washing machine.
- Besides the electric cooker there is a solid fuel range for cooking (if you are feeling adventurous or nostalgic).
- Family bathroom with bath and overhead shower.
- Double bedroom with king size bed.
- Twin bedroom (sleeps 2).
- The sun porch is ideal for wet coats, boots, waders and dogs. Binoculars are provided for bird watching or just to enjoy the scenery. You may smoke in the sun porch.
- Ample car parking.
- Bed linen and towels (not beach towels) provided.
- Oil central heating, hot water and electricity inclusive.
- TV with DVD player and Freeview.
- The caravan is a recently renovated Willerby Mercury 33 static caravan.
- It sleeps 2, in one double bedroom. There is also a lounge area, kitchen/dining area, WC and shower room.
- The kitchen is equipped with a water heater (also powers the shower), all gas equipment has been removed for safety. There is a double hob, halogen oven, fridge, microwave, kettle and all that is necessary for your needs.
- Laundry facilities are available on site.
- The lounge has a TV with freeview and a DVD player.
- All bed linen, towels, kitchen linen and electricity are included in the price.
- The caravan has all you will need to ensure a comfortable stay and has the most incredible views over the Oyce.