Sorry no pets.
Price range: £350 - £550 pw.
Rentals Saturday to Saturday.
For further details please contact:
Reload this mapThis delightful two-bedroom cottage is situated on the picturesque Crinan Canal at Cairnbaan. Ideally located for exploring Argyll and the Islands. A super cottage to relax in, and come home to. Three miles from Lochgilphead, close to Crinan, Tayvallich and Kilmartin Glen. The cottage is a fabulous base for a variety of interests including walking, cycling, sea kayaking, photography, painting, wildlife and bird watching (on land and sea), history and archaeology.
Visit Kintyre Beaches, Islay distilleries, the slate islands Easdale and Luing; eat out at The Crinan Hotel, Tayvallich Inn, Cairnbaan Hotel, overlooking the cairns at Kilmartin House; or settle down with a glass of wine and a good book.ACCOMMODATION
- The cottage has a very comfortably furnished, sunny sitting room with large sofa, two armchairs and reading lights; TV/DVD/Sky, books, dvd's, maps and information;
- The kitchen/dining room is fully fitted with electric hob/oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine, dining table and chairs, and door to the garden.
- There is also a cloakroom with coat hanging and boot storage space.
Features and Facilities:
- There are two bedrooms: one with king-size bed and en-suite shower room; and one twin bedroom looking out to the canal;
- There is a separate bathroom and large airing cupboard.
- Linen is included.
Hot water and heating is electric and included.
- Parking outside for two cars.
- Pub/restaurant 5 minutes walk along canal.
- Great walking and cycling direct from the cottage.
- Shopping/petrol/cashpoints in Lochgilphead 3 miles away.
- Excellent sea kayaking daytrips.
- Within easy reach of ferry terminals.
- Explore on foot or by bicycle the Crinan Canal towpath and Knapdale woodland tracks.
- Wildlife Watching: The Scottish Beaver Trial, Moine Mhor and Taynish nature reserves close by. Sea trips available from Tayvallich, Ardfern, Croabh Haven, Easdale and Oban.
- Kilmartin Glen with its wealth of archaeological sites and Kilmartin House Museum.
- Tarbert 20 mins.
- Inveraray 30 mins.
- Oban & Ferry Terminal for Mull/Iona/Tiree/Hebrides 50 mins.
- Kennacraig Ferry Terminal for Islay/Colonsay/Jura 40 mins.
- Glasgow, airport and train stations around 2 hours.