THE NEUK OF GAMEKEEPER'S COTTAGE
Sleeps: 1 - 4 +cot.
Sorry, no pets.
Low season £260 pw (short break £155).
Mid season £305 pw (short break £185).
High season £385 pw (short break £255).
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01674 850944
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapBuilt around 1870 as part of the Lauriston Castle estate, this charming one bedroom former kennels sits looking out to sea between the villages of St.Cyrus and Johnshaven on the east coast of Scotland, mid-way between Aberdeen and Dundee. This converted cottage offers an excellent standard of accommodation and provides a very comfortable base for relaxing or exploring the surrounding area. St Cyrus is a small village with an inn, shop/post office, Church of Scotland and petrol station/garage. Montrose is 7 miles south with a mainline station and larger supermarkets plus very helpful tourist information officials.
7 Dec, 14 Dec
- There are three golf courses in the vicinity and fishing is available on the North Esk.
- St Cyrus boasts a wonderful sandy beach, part of the wide sweep of Montrose Bay, and a nature reserve.
- The beautiful Angus Glens are a short drive away, offering excellent walking into the Grampian Mountains.
- Cliff walks along the Nave Nortrail, bird watching and cycling around the network of quiet little country roads are freely accessible.
- The romantic atmosphere of Dunnotar Castle, the grandeur of Glamis and the fun of Brechin Castle + Pictavia.
- Centrally heated with wooden flooring throughout.
- All on the level.
- Bright and comfortable lounge with excellent views over farmland to the sea. The partly exposed original walls add a rustic feel to the cottage, with stone fireplace. This room also has a double sofa bed, TV/DVD player, books and games.
- Large, sunny dining kitchen fully fitted with gas hob, integral electric fan oven/grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer. The ample storage cupboards hold all the crockery, cutlery, glasses, pans, cloths you may need plus iron and ironing board.
- Inner hall with fitted double wardrobe, useful storage for luggage and coats, which leads from the living area to the bedroom and shower room.
- Double bedroom with fitted triple wardrobe and shelves, exposed beams, bedside cabinet, table and extra chair.
- Contemporary shower room/WC fully tiled with large glass shower cabinet (integrated fold-down seat), wash-hand basin and mirror with overhead strip light. A shelved tall unit has space for your toiletries.
- All bed linen, bathroom and kitchen towels, electricity and gas included.
- Private garden to rear with picnic bench and barbecue area.
- Separate access to the cottage is all on the level with ample parking for two cars.
We live near the cottage and will do as much as we can to make your stay enjoyable. Special requirements can be catered for by prior arrangement and a pre-paid groceries basket can be waiting for you. In chillier seasons the cottage will be warm for your arrival.