Isle of Skye
Sorry no pets.
Price range: £525 - £725 pw.
Short breaks available between November - March.
For further details please contact:
John & Fi
Mobiles: 07742 193901 or 07731 662296
Tel: 01470 592734
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapMungo's Den is a unique, stylish Scottish holiday retreat on the beautiful Island of Skye. Perfect as a honeymoon hideaway, it is nestled within the heart of the quiet friendly crofting hamlet of Portnalong on the Minginish Peninsula of North West Skye, amongst spectacular scenery and wildlife.
29 Oct, 5 Nov
Hidden within its traditional exterior you will find boutique self-catering accommodation of the highest standard. Mungo's Den (once an old telephone exchange and post office) has been lovingly rescued and restored. It offers an environmentally friendly, organic holiday experience; full of luxurious and eclectic furnishings. It has a calm, restful atmosphere with an inspirational style and character. Come on into the Den. We would love to welcome you!
Mungo's Den is fully equipped for maximum relaxation with features that include:
- Complimentary welcome pack on arrival.
- Full Sky TV package; Unlimited WiFi access; iPod dock.
- Top of the range mattresses by Vi-spring and 100% pure down duvets for the ultimate sleeping experience.
- Soft, luxury towels; tea towels; and fresh designer bed linen.
- Beautiful, decadent bathroom with freestanding bath; powerful shower; designer fittings and Villeroy and Boch porcelain.
- Luxury handmade soaps and eco cleaning products.
- Bespoke, handcrafted kitchen fully equipped to include fridge with freezer box and washer/dryer.
- Cosy underfloor heating throughout the reclaimed slate floor.
- Romantic Morso Squirrel woodburning stove with logs and kindling supplied free of charge.
- Complimentary Fairtrade tea, coffee and hot chocolate.
Please visit our website to take a magical look at what we have to offer you!LOCATION
- Portnalong and Carbost is the most inspirational area of the island.
- The awe-inspiring scenery provided by the magnificent Cuillin Mountains attracts climbers, walkers, artists and photographers.
- You can watch the local fishermen landing their catches at nearby Portnalong Pier or on the shores at Carbost.
- There are fabulous beach walks at nearby Talisker, Fiskavaig Bay and Glen Brittle.
- Talisker Distillery is only 3 miles away and offers guided tours for visitors.
- You can relax in the friendly atmosphere of the local pubs and on some nights enjoy the traditional live music.
- The idyllic main town of Portree, with its local amenities, supermarket and craft fairs is only a 35-minute drive away.
- We have endless beach, forest and cliff walks with opportunities to see an abundance of both scenery and wildlife. If you are lucky, you may even spot seals and dolphins fishing in the loch.