in the Black Mountains,
Sleeps: 5 +cot.
Pet charge £10 p.w. per pet.
Low season £350 pw.
Mid season £510 pw.
High season £625 pw.
Short break from £250 (Nov - March).
For further details please contact:
Mr Robin Beale
Tel: 01873 810575
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapA secluded, idyllic, cosy riverside cottage in the Brecon Beacons National Park, nestling at the foot of Mynydd Pen-y-Fal (Sugar Loaf Mountain), Moy Mel overlooks its own 6 acre meadow bisected by the river Grwyne Fawr.
2 May, 9 May
- The cottage is surrounded by its own grounds offering seclusion and intimacy in the beautiful Grwyne Fawr Valley.
- Wonderful walking, cycling, trekking etc in the Black Mountains & in the Brecon Beacons. Low season is a great time to walk the hills.
- Closest towns - Crickhowell (4.5 miles) and Abergavenny (5.5 miles).
- Some wonderful restaurants a short drive away (Walnut Tree, The Hardwick, The Bell at Skenfrith, The Foxhunter - amongst others).
- Alternatively, just relax in Moy Mel's beautiful grounds or by the river.
- Fully double-glazed and centrally heated.
- Three bedrooms - sleeps 5.
- Beds made up ready for arrival.
- Kitchen/dining area opens to sitting room with log fire.
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, electric hob, combination microwave oven/grill. Oil-fired Rayburn for cooking, hot water and central heating.
- Fridge/freezer and washing machine.
- Bathroom with bath, power shower over bath, and WC.
- Oil for Rayburn, electricity and logs for sitting room fire inclusive.
- Flat-screen TV (Free-Sat receiver - basic channels), DVD player, CD player & radio (with iPod input).
- Shelves of books, DVDs, CDs and games.
- Phone, wireless and wired Broadband.
Bedroom 1 - 5ft double bed.
Bedroom 2 - twin beds.
Bedroom 3 - single bed.
Duvets, bed linen, towels, tea towels, etc are all provided.
Double doors from sitting room open out onto sunny lawn which is separated by a Ha-Ha wall from Moy Mel's own riverside meadow to which Moy Mel's guests have free access.
South facing conservatory, wooden garden furniture and barbecue. Small, mature garden. Dogs welcome, but this is definitely sheep country and sheep graze the meadow much of the time!What our guests have said about Moy Mel
- "What a magical place Moy Mel is! We've been renting cottages in Wales for over 30 years and have never found one which even comes near to matching it! So tastefully furnished inside, so well designed to make the most of the landscape from within, so perfectly placed. So welcoming with its vases of flowers and its excellent wood for the fire. Thank you so much! We're sad to leave, but glad to think that one day we shall be back. Who would not wish to be a regular guest in this paradise?"
- "A very peaceful and beautifully located cottage. Perfect for getting away from it all..."
- "Cosy, warm, comfortable. Loved it."
- "Moy Mel enjoys an unique position & this snug cottage was a delightful home for a super week."
- "A very nice, cosy cottage in a romantic, green, quiet setting."
- "Thoroughly enjoyed a lazy week by the fire."
- "Moy Mel feels like a home, not a holiday let. Outside there is magic abroad in the hills, valley & rivers."
- "An idyllic two weeks. As always at Moy Mel - cosy, warm & peaceful."
- "Thank you again MOY MEL for giving us peace and tranquillity.Wonderful rest as always."