THE MOUSE HOUSE
Nr. Bishop's Lydeard,
Space for cot, if required.
No children between 2 and 10yrs old (This is health and safety because of the pool!).
Sorry no pets.
Swimming pool. Tennis Court etc etc.
Price range: £320 - £510 pw.
Heating, water, council tax included. Electricity on a pre-paid meter.
FREE WiFi is now available in the cottage.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01823 432996
Reload this mapSet on a quiet country lane in beautiful walking country overlooking the Vale of Taunton, The Mouse House is the perfect place to 'get away from it all'. A large one bedroomed cottage, it is part of the estate of Higher House which was originally a 17th century farmhouse and was extended and refurbished by Evelyn Ellis, the first Daimler/Mercedes magnet, in 1932.
- The Mouse House sits in its own courtyard which contains a swimming pool and catches the maximum sun all year round.
- Behind the cottage is a fabulous view of Lydeard Hill where red deer can frequently be seen grazing on the slopes.
- Higher House is 650ft above sea-level and is located at the top of the village of West Bagborough which nestles in the lea of the Quantocks.
- The village boasts a fine palladian building (Bagborough House) and Church and an excellent gastro pub The Rising Sun, which is only 200 yds from the cottage doors.
- The Mouse House is ideally located as a base for walking, touring and riding on the Quantocks, and Exmoor.
- An excellent golf course is only 1/2 mile away at Cedar Falls - the luxury Health Spa which offers many relaxing and revitalising treatments and activities.
- Other places to visit include Hestercombe Gardens (NT), Lynton & Lynmouth, Watchet Marina and Dunster Castle (NT).
- The glorious West Somerset and North Devon Coast, Minehead, Exmoor and Lorna Doone Valley are all within easy reach.
- Location: West Bagborough, 7mls outside Taunton.
- Swimming pool
- Bed linen & towels inc
- Tennis Court
- Television & DVD/CD player
- Washing machine
- Winter short breaks
- Full WiFi connection available