Isle of Arran
Sleeps: 5 (+1 on sofabed).
Dogs by arrangement ONLY - please see below for more information.
Sorry, no cats.
Price range: £380 - £575 pw.
Rates are inclusive of electricity and electric heating.
Cliff Cottage, sleeps 6
For further details please contact:
Anne Logan / Ronnie Logan
Tel: 0141 562 0954 or 077874 15719
Reload this mapNew in March 2012 to the holiday cottage market, this detached cottage is located in the picturesque coastal village of Corrie, six miles north of Brodick. The house has an elevated position above the village, and commands magnificent views across the Firth of Clyde and towards the Ayrshire Coast and the islands of Bute and Cumbrae.
More Information About Mountain View:
- The house has been in the Logan family since it was built by the current owner's great, great grandfather in the 19th century. It has been extended and improved over the years and now looks relatively modern from the outside but still retains many of its original internal features.
- Mountain View has traditionally been a popular summer retreat for those with a disposition for arts, crafts, poetry and literature. During the early 1900s Mountain View was let each summer to Jessie M King, a well-known artist and book illustrator of the Art Nouveau period. She was a friend of the architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh, who is said to have come to Corrie to visit her in this house.
- 'Mountain View' is about 100 metres from the shore and the centre of the village where there is a hotel and a craft/coffee shop. It is also just a short walk from the path to Goatfell and within easy access of Sannox beach, Corrie Golf Course and pony trekking.
Accommodation, Ground Floor has:
- Access is by a single track surfaced road which goes up the hill from the main coastal road through the village.
- Parking is for 2 cars but additional space is available at the bottom of the hill.
- There is a terraced garden with drying area and garden furniture.
- Double glazing, electric central heating.
- Bed linen and towels are provided but please bring beach / outdoor towels/rugs.
- Ironing facilities and clothes airer.
- High chair, travel cot and stair gate available on request.
- Hairdryer and iPOD docking station.
- Selection of reading materials on Arran, Scottish history, boating and the sea, nature and other topics of interest to visitors.
- Dogs must be kept downstairs at all times and not allowed up on furniture. A stair gate is provided to facilitate this.
Upstairs has uninterrupted sea views from:
- A living /dining room with uninterrupted sea views. It has a woodburning stove and wall mounted 32" LCD TV with Freeview.
- A sitting room with uninterrupted sea views. It has a real fire, DVD player, radio and games.
- A well equipped kitchen.
- A shower room with walk in electric shower and heated towel rail.
- A small lounge area with two easy chairs and a wall mounted 32" LCD TV with Freeview - ideal if you want to get 'away from it all' or to keep an ear and eye on sleeping children!
- 2 Bedrooms - one with double bed and single bed and the other with twin beds. (Electric blankets on beds upstairs for the chilly months!).
We look forward to hearing from you for bookings or to provide further information.
- Weekly, midweek and weekend breaks available throughout the year.
- Changeover Days: Normally Saturdays but these can be flexible during off-peak times.
- Entry to Mountain View would usually be from 4pm and guests should vacate by 10am on departure day to allow cleaning and linen service.
Please contact Anne or Ronnie Logan by phone/text or email using the contact details towards the top of this page.
Thank you for your interest in 'Mountain View'. Sorry if you have been disappointed and found that 'Mountain View' is already booked on your desired dates. However we do have another cottage:
- 'Cliff Cottage' is in the heart of Corrie village between 'The Port' and the church. It has been completely renovated and sleeps 6.
- Cliff Cottage sleeps six in three upstairs bedrooms - A single room, a room with twin beds which can reconfigure into a super king bed and a family room with a double bed and a single bed. All bedrooms have uninterrupted sea views.
- Downstairs there is a living room/dining kitchen, a sitting room, bathroom, boot/ utility room. Both public rooms have wood burners and sea views.
- It has a walled garden across the road which goes down to shore.
Please contact us if you are interested in 'Cliff Cottage'.